KOF '02 and WinKAWAKS need assistance

Arrmed

Recently I was interested in trying to play KOF '02 on the net, so I downloaded KAWAKs 1.54. I usually use NeoRage XP ver. 0.8c to play KOF '02. So I copied my rom- kof2k2.zip and tried to load it up with WinKAWAKS. The game name was there, however it would not load.
I ran RomCenter and checked out the rom. These are the files it says its missing:

265-m1decrypted.bin - 128 KB
265-p2.bin- 4 MB
265-v1.bin- 8 MB
265-v2.bin- 8 MB

However- I have these files- says these are 'unknown.':

kof2k2_m1.rom- 128 KB
kof2k2_p2.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v1.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v2.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v3.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v4.rom- 4 MB

Now I know this rom does work, however I would like it to work in WinKAWAKS.
Is there any way to merge the v1.rom-v4.rom files into 2 files?
Or is there any way to somehow mess with the DAT files so it allows this rom to work?
I messed with the dat file that I found, only that was the one WinKAWAKS made for RomCenter. I changed the CRC's that it looked for, and the file names, then after I loaded that DAT file, everything was fine in Romcenter. Anyway to load that into WinKAWAKS?

Any help would be great- and yes I have looked through all the forums.
Thanks,

montpics

You need a loader in order to play that game. Sorry, can't give you links (even if I found one).

2 merged into one file?
I think it should be like this. (Using DOS command) <-- Make a backup!

copy/b kof2k2_v1.rom+kof2k2_v2.rom kof2k2_v1.bin
copy/b kof2k2_v3.rom+kof2k2_v4.rom kof2k2_v2.bin

Any problems, can be asked here. :)

Arrmed

montpics said:
You need a loader in order to play that game. Sorry, can't give you links (even if I found one).

copy/b kof2k2_v1.rom+kof2k2_v2.rom kof2k2_v1.bin
copy/b kof2k2_v3.rom+kof2k2_v4.rom kof2k2_v2.bin
I try to do that, however how do I set the location, for it does not find the file specified.

Also, Why would I need a loader?
The title of KOF '02 is shown in WinKAWAKS 1.54.
The only error when I try to find it is it is looking for the few files I need to either rename or combine.

montpics

Arrmed said:
I try to do that, however how do I set the location, for it does not find the file specified.
You may create one bat file using Notepad and copy that in that file. Then, run it bat file. (Example : After adding those command in a Notepad, save it as a bat file, not txt file.)

Also, Why would I need a loader?
The title of KOF '02 is shown in WinKAWAKS 1.54.
The only error when I try to find it is it is looking for the few files I need to either rename or combine.
If you found that WinKawaks still doesn't recognize that ROM file provided, you can't edit that can let WinKawaks recognize the files given. There are no tools that can let you do that.

So, you have the two only option,
1. Search the correct rom file by patching or downloading the whole file.
2. Use a loader, then create a dat file that can let WinKawaks recognize it.

liliz6

Recently I was interested in trying to play KOF '02 on the net, so I downloaded KAWAKs 1.54. I usually use NeoRage XP ver. 0.8c to play KOF '02. So I copied my rom- kof2k2.zip and tried to load it up with WinKAWAKS. The game name was there, however it would not load.
I ran RomCenter and checked out the rom. These are the files it says its missing:

265-m1decrypted.bin - 128 KB
265-p2.bin- 4 MB
265-v1.bin- 8 MB
265-v2.bin- 8 MB

However- I have these files- says these are 'unknown.':

kof2k2_m1.rom- 128 KB
kof2k2_p2.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v1.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v2.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v3.rom- 4 MB
kof2k2_v4.rom- 4 MB

Now I know this rom does work, however I would like it to work in WinKAWAKS.
Is there any way to merge the v1.rom-v4.rom files into 2 files?
Or is there any way to somehow mess with the DAT files so it allows this rom to work?
I messed with the dat file that I found, only that was the one WinKAWAKS made for RomCenter. I changed the CRC's that it looked for, and the file names, then after I loaded that DAT file, everything was fine in Romcenter. Anyway to load that into WinKAWAKS?

Any help would be great- and yes I have looked through all the forums.
Thanks,