PDA

View Full Version : Freein Up Ram

onion_warrior
December 3rd, 2003, 23:17
how do i free up RAM memory??? is it the same as free memory off your hard drive? do i just have to delete some crap?

Mourgos
December 3rd, 2003, 23:23
:blink:

onion_warrior
December 3rd, 2003, 23:24
wha? :huh:

Mourgos
December 3rd, 2003, 23:26
Ram is controlled by the OS.
I don't get what's your problem .

onion_warrior
December 3rd, 2003, 23:41
i have 268mb of ram out of 512mb. how can i get some back??

DanielW
December 3rd, 2003, 23:41
turn off your computer.

onion_warrior
December 3rd, 2003, 23:47
i dont think taht would helped because when i checked earlier i had 258mb and i restarted w while aago and now i check again and i only have 232mb now.... :(

Jet Set Willy
December 4th, 2003, 00:03
Run less programs. Buy more RAM. Geez.

Zach
December 4th, 2003, 00:56
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS THREAD MADE ME LAUGH !!!

:P

Jet Set Willy
December 4th, 2003, 01:03
He's probably going to ask "where i can download 'less programs' ?>????".

<><>
December 4th, 2003, 09:14
Your problem comes from your operating system. Pull up a command prompt. (Start->run) then type "format C"

Be sure to download DOS on a DISK before you do so. You will then have about 510 Megs of free ram.

donkeyknob
December 4th, 2003, 09:55
^ good advice, i did that a while ago, made my RAM heaps free and fast too

DanielW
December 4th, 2003, 17:32
i usually do a nice format every year. helps to ger rid of all that garbage that gets piled up over the year. I need to format soon. I just don&#39;t feel like reinstalling all the programs and looking for drivers etc. but whenever i start my pc, i have to wait 5 minutes before everything "settles" and i can start actually using it. i tried to clean the registry and removing stuff from start-up but still no change.

onewecallgod
December 4th, 2003, 23:19
Originally posted by DanielW@Dec 4 2003, 11:32 AM
i usually do a nice format every year. helps to ger rid of all that garbage that gets piled up over the year. I need to format soon. I just don&#39;t feel like reinstalling all the programs and looking for drivers etc. but whenever i start my pc, i have to wait 5 minutes before everything "settles" and i can start actually using it. i tried to clean the registry and removing stuff from start-up but still no change.
msconfig will keep all of the useless crap from starting

M.H.A.Q.S.
December 6th, 2003, 10:59
People here use RAM doublers and RAM freeing softwares. If you are asking for those you can get them off the net. But I think that&#39;s probably stupid to do.

As Waz said the more expensive programs you run, the more the RAM is consumed. Uninstall unnecessary programs.

Mourgos
December 17th, 2003, 23:09
Installed programs have nothing to do with Ram used,as long as you don&#39;t run them,so you don&#39;t gain anything by uninstalling them.Anyway the question was ridiculous by it&#39;s birth what&#39;s the point of talking about it ?

Darkdragon
January 1st, 2005, 08:50
Download a free trial version of a RAM recovery program from Download.com (http://www.download.com). Some programs like RamCleaner work good if you want to recover some unused RAM resources.

Try searching/downloading RamCleaner and try it once to free some resources.

Unfortunately, this is only a trial, and if you decide that you want to keep a program like this, you may have to pay money for it.

onewecallgod
January 1st, 2005, 09:09
the fuck?? this thread is over a year old. dont revive old shit