Translations

cloud4004

I'm sure no one remember's me but I use to post here... Anyway, I've noticed a lot of roms seem to only be in Japanese only... Which is a bother because I can't read it... Is there perhaps a site that releases tanslations for roms or somthing like that???

- thx

montpics

Well, there are some guys from the other forums trying to translate some of the 'hottest' games, but not all the games. But anyway, what are you looking for?

cloud4004

montpics said:
Well, there are some guys from the other forums trying to translate some of the 'hottest' games, but not all the games. But anyway, what are you looking for?

There's a few but Tactics Ogre is what I'm most interested in. I'm a tactic's addict and I've wanted to play it for a while.

Genome

north west south west
one game i can say needs a better translation is star ocean. all of the talking is english (sometimes broken-english) but all of the battle and menu text is in japanese still!!! how the hell do you heal if one squiggly line looks just like the others?!

oh yeah and final fantasy V b/c thats the best looking one i have and i cant play it :fuckyou: .

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Genome said:
one game i can say needs a better translation is star ocean. all of the talking is english (sometimes broken-english) but all of the battle and menu text is in japanese still!!! how the hell do you heal if one squiggly line looks just like the others?!

oh yeah and final fantasy V b/c thats the best looking one i have and i cant play it :fuckyou: .

Too bad Dejap has halted the Star Ocean translation. The main guy of the project (Dark Force) has had some kind of accident and it seems no one else is working on it at the time :(

Genome

north west south west
yeah dejap is pretty good hope the guy gets better. these sites posted by belmont look pretty good though i'll give them a shot even though i dont really know how to get them to work :eek:

Genome

north west south west
uh.. help!

okay got the translation but it the instructions are for an old version. basically it says a dos prompt will appear when you activate it. however on winxp you dont really dont have any connection w/ dos. win32 sux! the prgm i downloaded makes a .exe but it doesnt do anything. im not sure how to get any of this to work.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Genome said:
uh.. help!

okay got the translation but it the instructions are for an old version. basically it says a dos prompt will appear when you activate it. however on winxp you dont really dont have any connection w/ dos. win32 sux! the prgm i downloaded makes a .exe but it doesnt do anything. im not sure how to get any of this to work.

Normally you have a rom (.sfc,.smc f.e.), an ips file (.ips) and a patching program like Lunar IPS. Start Lunar once, exit, double click the ips, select your rom, finished :)