PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Driver

froster1990
March 24th, 2005, 01:27
Okay here's the problem, I was going to use the windows scanner I got from my cousin to upload pictures, but when I found a driver it didn't work.

Here's the tech stuff:

The scanner is a PureData, Simplex Scanner (Version dp48m) It works for windows 98's and lower (I'm a windows 98.

The driver I downloaded was labled Compeye Dp48m and it was meant for my scanner. When I downloaded it, it was zipped so I unzip it.

After doing that I got some files Named Audio, Nic, Video, and disk 1, disk 2, and disk 3.

The Audio, Nic, and Video files didn't seem to have an install, so I unzip the 3 disk files and I found an install in the first disk.

The problem is that install was for a program named Compeye 300/600 I assumed this was the program.

I installed some files into the Twain_32 file located in Window, and when I opened them up all they were, were codes and data, no program.

I looked through my programs and I haven't found any scanner program.

What did I do wrong? And how can I find the actual program. I tried searching, browsing, and installing new hardware. It is nowhere to be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

montpics
March 26th, 2005, 13:28
Some of the drives being downloaded and installed didn't configure rightly on your scanner. So, try uninstall the driver and try the other one until you find a correct. (It certainly will take a long time to do this.....)

Funny, if you bought the scanner yourself, why you didn't have a scanner driver given from the sellers? :confused:

froster1990
March 27th, 2005, 01:13
Okay, here is the problem.

1. The program was supposed to be a driver itself.
2. I got the scanner from my cousin.
3. I might try a higher version driver for it.

Jale
March 27th, 2005, 01:21
I noticed you sent me the file, but I was away, so sorry. Can you send it again? :)

alcoatjez
March 29th, 2005, 15:04
You can try finding a proper driver here (http://www.driverguide.com) . This site saved my ass already several times.