Scanner Driver

F

froster1990

Okay here's the problem, I was going to use the windows scanner I got from my cousin to upload pictures, but when I found a driver it didn't work.

Here's the tech stuff:

The scanner is a PureData, Simplex Scanner (Version dp48m) It works for windows 98's and lower (I'm a windows 98.

The driver I downloaded was labled Compeye Dp48m and it was meant for my scanner. When I downloaded it, it was zipped so I unzip it.

After doing that I got some files Named Audio, Nic, Video, and disk 1, disk 2, and disk 3.

The Audio, Nic, and Video files didn't seem to have an install, so I unzip the 3 disk files and I found an install in the first disk.

The problem is that install was for a program named Compeye 300/600 I assumed this was the program.

I installed some files into the Twain_32 file located in Window, and when I opened them up all they were, were codes and data, no program.

I looked through my programs and I haven't found any scanner program.

What did I do wrong? And how can I find the actual program. I tried searching, browsing, and installing new hardware. It is nowhere to be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

montpics

Some of the drives being downloaded and installed didn't configure rightly on your scanner. So, try uninstall the driver and try the other one until you find a correct. (It certainly will take a long time to do this.....)

Funny, if you bought the scanner yourself, why you didn't have a scanner driver given from the sellers? :confused:

F

froster1990

Okay, here is the problem.

1. The program was supposed to be a driver itself.
2. I got the scanner from my cousin.
3. I might try a higher version driver for it.

Jale

I noticed you sent me the file, but I was away, so sorry. Can you send it again? :)