Street Fighter - Looking for version name

ecx00

Hi,

It was like ten years ago. I played a version of Street Fighter where fireballs went extremely slow and dragon punches went sideways rather than upwards. Helicopter kicks were like insane tornados and Guile could do shadow throws in mid-air.

Does anybody know what this version was called, and where I might find a rom?

Thanks.

RockY

L H D T P M
Actually you are not allowed to ask for roms.

But I'm sure you are looking for Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting

1086029364.jpg

Last edited:

Salamander

Hey ecx00,

While I can't tell you where to get them, I can tell you that the Street Fighter 2 you are looking for is one of many mod versions of Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition (Hyper Fighting was Capcom's official answer to the moded games and is not what you're looking for). There were many different mods: some allowed you to transform from one character to any other in midround; others have Ryu shooting a wall of fireballs when doing a dragon punch and Blanka shooting sonic booms when electrocuted. Names of these include: Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition (V004), SF2 CE (Accelerator Pt. II), SF2 CE (Kouryu), SF2 CE (Rainbow Set 1 & 2), SF2 CE (Red Wave), SF2 CE (YYC). I won't tell you the exact file names or where to get them. You'd have to go through each and hope that one of them was the version you remember. This information should take you one step closer to your goal. I know I remembered these bizarre mods with fondness and they certainly are nice to 'play again'.