An Intellivision kinda guy

Nostalgia

Hey, all. I just signed up here and thought I'd say hey.

My name's Joe Fisher. I've always been a fan of gaming systems, and have a soft spot in my heart for the classics. My first system was the Odyssey 2. Man, I loved that thing. Playing the Lord of the Rings and KC Munchkin :)

We moved on to the Intellivision, then Colecovision. I can remember bugging my parents forever about getting a Nintendo when it came out. They eventually relented ;) After that I was old enough to buy my own SNES.

Somewhere in there I got my first computer - a Franklin Ace 1000. An Apple ][ clone with 64kb of RAM. MAN I loved that thing. I used to play Wizardry constantly. Constantly. "Contra dextra avenue. P.S. Trebor sux."

Fast forward to today. The one thing that stuck out most in my mind was playing Tron and the Deadly Discs on the Intellivision with my dad. I have been coding since that damn Franklin, so I figured hey, let's write an emulator!

I have built what I consider to be the most accurate and user-friendly Intellivision emulator out there: Nostalgia. It's built for Win98-XP. I'm in the process of porting it to Pocket PC platforms - Pocket Nostalgia.

Tomorrow I'll make a post to the front page forum with all of its details.

-Joe

http://www.shiny-technologies.com/

spaceduk

welcome to the forum and keep watching the ski's - i mean skies lol

montpics

Same here. ;)

Please read the rules provided as hoping you won't be violating the rules here in this forum. Then, please enjoy your stay. :cool: