Help configuring gamepad buttons in Mame

OldSkool78

Hello.
I am new to Mame 32 and am so far absolutely crazy about it! Best emulator out in my opinion!

Anyways I've been playing my games using a Gamepad Pro joystick. I have managed to set the action buttons the way I like them but as far as the pause, insert coin, player 1 start, escape, reset commands etc....I have to keep pressing TAB each time I load a new game, set them all to the corresponding joystick button, then after I quit a game, I have to repeat this process all over again. I can't find a way to save my preferences and not use the keyboard . This has been getting pretty frustating lately.

Any help would be appreciated.

hanzmoleman007

When you press tab to get the menu enter your changes in the "(input) general"
instead of "(input) this game.
You will find the general options like coin, pause, player up-down, ect....

OldSkool78

Thanks for replying.

Although I didn't mention it, That's exactly what I have been doing . When I go to the (Input) Game it will change the controls for the game I am currently playing, but that's it. Quit the game, load another, then it's back to the default keyboard settings all over again. No Luck.

hanzmoleman007

OldSkool78 said:
Thanks for replying.
When I go to the (Input) Game it will change the controls for the game I am currently playing, but that's it.
Don't enter the changes in (input)game enter them in (input) general
Also what version of mame are you using?

OldSkool78

Not to try to confuse..I have been entering it in the input (general) the whole time it won't save my settings.

It's version 0.53.

I'm assuming it's old because there seems to be several MAME roms I see across the web that aren't even listed at all in the game window.

OldSkool78

Well no more 0.53 now I've just updated to MAME32FX 0.94 ---alot more roms features & options, plus the controls are working fine now so I guess that pretty much explains that!

Thanks alot!