Help with KI 1/2

JagoSteve

I've just spent hours scrounging up the CHD files for KI 1, no luck on KI 2 yet. I finally set everything up, put the CHD in a folder named kinst inside roms in mame. However, mame REFUSES to recognize the CHD file and sends me an error msg saying its not there.... The CHD file for kinst i have is 91.1 mb, is this the right one? Can anyone point me in the right direction ????

JagoSteve

yea I do, I've tried mame 32 with no luck, i downloaded just plain mame (cmd prompt) and tried using the folder Kinst (with the rom files and kinst chd) and it semi works now but the characters are black and the game crashes easily

hanzmoleman007

Ok, I just tried k1 with mame32 version 89 ( I use an older version in my mame machine) and it would not work. I found that version one has been removed from the newer versions of mame. The first one that is supported is version 3 and up. So I downloaded version 3 rom and now it works fine. I would like to know what version of mame you are using and what number your rom version is.

JagoSteve

Ok, im usin Mame 32 ver .77b right now,, I have kinst.zip (ver 1.5 it says) (the reg rom) and kist 14 ( which sposedly updates it)...

hanzmoleman007

I think you should get a newer version of mame32 first. In the newer versions you don't need to place the chd in a seperate folder, in the rom folder.
...Curious..in your chd folder, you only have the ONE chd file right? That is to say did you merge all the rar'd k1 chd files into ONE chd file?