playstation paddle to pc?

spaceduk

playstation 'paddle'????

Genome

north west south west
you could try google. they also came out w/ new adapter cables for that (cost $20 though :fuckyou: ) i would guess its probably some sort of a wiring job w/ usb cable maby there are guides online.i would like to do the same w/ a n64 so good luck finding info.

hagbard

You might try to make a homebrew PSX to LPT adaptor, and then use the specific drivers (Win 9x : Direct Pap Pro. Win 2k/XP : NTPAD or PSXPAD). It's pretty easy to do, trust me on this :)

You can find a very cool guide of PSX pad homebrew adapter here

Also, many guides to N64, MD, or SNES

Last edited:

hagbard

I've also bought one time ago for about 18€. Works really good, allows 2 pads being plugged at the same time and without drivers. Drivers are needed for shock/rumble only. Dunno if every adaptor works like it, but I'm very satisfied with this one.
If someone it's interested, it's labeled "Super Dual Box"

Btw, I didn't use so much it 'cause my PSX to PC DPP interface ;)

Last edited:

Nargking

I built one of 'em, it didn't work well. Worked like every 1 out of 150 tries. Around there.

Last edited:

hagbard

Sometimes you need to remove an specific diode, because the LPT-1 it's not suplying enough power. I think that diode it's mentioned on the emulatronia guide. If not, you might post your feedback here :)

Last edited:

hagbard

It's in spanish, a language used by more than 400 milllion people :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sopnkrc

sluggish psx pad

Hey I made one of these with a standard ps controler (no analog) and it works perfectly for fce ultra and rew but when I try to use it for znes or visualboy it very slow response and is very unreliable. I am using the dpadpr60 for a driver on a 618mhz with 160mgb of ram running winxp. My parallel port is set to ecp on dma 3. Does anybody know why it is so sluggish and/or how to fix this?

hagbard

For XP you should try NTPADXP or PSXPAD drivers, dpapr60 it's for win 9x/me

sopnkrc

Ok psxpad made all the difference my pad now works 100% And I made it for under two dollars. Now I'll go for two as soon as I find another free controler.