Visual Boy Advance G&W Gallery 4 SAVE file problem

ii_

Hi everyone

I bet you guys are experienced enough to help me out.. ;)

I want to play Zelda Game & Watch, which is included in "Game & Watch Gallery 4" for the Gameboy Advance, but to be able to play it, you would need to :

get 1000 points in modern mode to unlock star mode
AND THEN you would need to get 160 stars (a lot ;)) to unlock all museum games (= classic game & watch games), and Zelda is in fact the last game that gets unlocked, so 160 stars would be the minimum I need to get to play my all time G&W favorite

Which is <arg>...
I guessed it would be easiest to get a save file, which has all the games unlocked, so I can play Zelda immediately...

I have downloaded the save files from Zophar's Domain:
(http://www.zophar.net/savgba/)

1) Game & Watch Gallery 4 (E) : All 220 Stars got, both endings, all museum games playable including Zelda 10/16/02

-> gwg4.zip contains :
"Game and Watch Gallery 4 (EU).sav"
"gwg4.frm"

2) Game & Watch Gallery 4 : All Normal games, Museum Games, Option Modes Unlocked. 10/26/02

-> gamewat.zip contains:
"gamewat.sav"
"gamewat.frm"

3) Game & Watch Gallery 4 : All games unlocked and 161 stars collected 12/07/02

-> gawg4usa.zip contains:
"gawg4usa.sav"
"gawg4usa.frm"

Now.... I can't seem to get it working (with Visual Boy Advance) (also tried a few older versions, just in case) or any other GBA emulator.

I have a few Gameboy Advance emulators, such as :
Visual Boy Advance (1.8 beta, 1.7.2, 1.7.1, 1.0, 0.9, 0.8), Boycott Advance (0.2.8, ...), DreamGBA and more, none of them seem to do the trick

Which one should I use? I thought VBA was the best.. and probably is..

I'm using the "Game & Watch Gallery 4" ROM file : "ESR-GW4.gba"

I have tried each individual .SAV file, renamed it to "ESR-GW4.sav", ..
but when I try to load the .SAV file, all I get is :

1) nothing happens
2) an error dialog box appears with the following message:
"Unsupported VisualBoy Advance save game version <BIG NUMBER>"
such as "1715946055"

So, what's going on? Do I need a specific, older version, of Visual Boy Advance (which was used to make that save file...) ?

I think VBA is working fine, as well as the rom, most likely the save files are fine as well, so I guess I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't know anymore..

ii

ii_

Damn, all I had to do was:

(Once the game is loaded)
"Import\battery file", select save file

I don't understand what the difference is... but hey it works!

Thanks anyhow..

ii