pop music sucks, any oldies recommendations?

onewecallgod

yeah, after 4 years, ive come to the conclusion that pop music sucks some major dog balls (i know, its taken too long). ive started listening to oldies again, and right now im listening to: billy joel, beegees, beatles and james taylor.

any recommendations would be great, i'm not a big fan of elvis

donkeyknob

jimmy barnes and cold chisel are great (jimmy fronted chisel for a long long time so there would be many versions of several songs out there). men at work are another good aussie rock band too. perhaps soundgarden would interest you? they're not aussie

onewecallgod

hm.. ill check them out. soundgarden, they ring a bell. they have that blackhole sun or something song, dont they?

donkeyknob

maybe, i only just recently got into them as i found out Chris Cornell was their lead vocals (he currently fronts Audioslave) and hes my favourite singer. apparently soundgarden appeared around 1992/93

hitmonlee

chris cornell oh baby i love him so much, he is a god.

can't believe you didn't know about soundgarden!

how old and what do you like?

led zeppelin
the doors
david bowie
the clash

currently faves of mine atm

onewecallgod

right now, i listen to: billy joel, beegees, beatles and james taylor (60s and 70s)

and i do know about soundgarden (i think). i'm 16 years old

hitmonlee

talking heads
depeche mode
(sorry thats 80s)

billy joel is so crap, i don't think you're gonna like any of my recommendations.

montpics

Elvis? ;)
Or try to look country songs instead.

But in a modern world of music, sometimes I pretty fed up with the latest music. Not because I hate it, just bored. Eventually I listened to other country's music style for the likes of India or Japan music which is better for me right now. :)

donkeyknob

as hitmonlee said, the clash kick ass.

hitmonlee: im so proud cause my hair is similar to ol school chris cornell :D

hitmonlee

donkeyknob said:
as hitmonlee said, the clash kick ass.

hitmonlee: im so proud cause my hair is similar to ol school chris cornell :D

long and curly?

he got hot when he cut it short :p

donkeyknob

more/less the bowl cut with a mad long fringe... but i have been really tempted to go short again cause i am obtaining a mullet and the bottom of my hair grows faster then the top :( maybe a haircut will fix it.....

twobit84

Banned
You need to listen to Pink Floyd. Try the Dark Side of the Moon Album to start. Lynrd Skynrd rocks... Um, George Thoroughgood 1 bourbon, 1 scotch and 1 beer. That song is awesome! Jimi Hendrix. Booker T and the MG's. If you want early 90's try Sublime, Bush, Violent Femmes, Green Day, The Offspring. there are so many good artists i hope you like some of those!