• Phantasy Star 2

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Phantasy Star 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phantasy Star 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zxi

What do you guys reckon is the best Phantasy Star? I give my vote for 1. The dungeon system was better, the story was engaging, and I felt like I wanted to keep playing throughout the game. I felt each item was special and was thrilled to find the next big item. Each character felt unique and important to keep alive. Even with barely any dialogue I felt attached to each one. I had to really work hard to get each one as well. I suppose the overall design was better in my opinion. I liked how easy it was to get yourself killed. Go too far out in the beginning and you're toast. :D I would say, expert design. Call me strange, but I get bored if it's too easy to survive.

PS2 felt like more trouble than it was worth. It could be because I finally was able to find and play it with emulation many years after. I guess it doesn't age well. But a good game should be good years after. The combat system was ugly. The land was kind of uninspiring to explore. I just got bored real quick. First dungeon and I was getting bored and even impatient. :fuckyou: Is it just me or do other people find this game doesn't compare to the rest?

PS3 had good music, crappy combat system for a genesis game, generic items that didn't give me the same enthusiasm as PS1, cool story and story paths. I enjoyed the whole Layan, Orakian story.

PS4 was well thought out but somehow unfullfilling for me. It was fun, no doubt, but even with all the better graphics and sound it was not as engaging as the first. I think the first was a challenge and PS4 was too easy. In PS1 you had to really play smart to win.

Last edited:

belmont

I very interesting poll.
I loved all of them but I voted for the second one only because I liked it's ending very much.

hanzmoleman007

I remember buying the first one when it came out in the eighties! It cost me
$110.00 CDN + tax! Very high, even by today's standards. Man I had to do a ton of farm work to make enough money.