Problem with site: "Contact Us" page is broken

aaronfranke

Please fix this!

The feedback that I wanted to give anyway I'll post here:

Your list of platform support is a little out of date. Most things are only listed as "Windows" when they have a version for more platforms than just Windows.

Dolphin is available Windows, Mac, and Linux.

ePSXe is available for Windows, Linux, and Android.

PCSX-Reloaded is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

PCSX2 is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

DeSmuME is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Fusion (now known as Kega Fusion) is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Please update the list of supported platforms to reflect this. Thank you!

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/contact.html loads for me, as does any link to the forum on that page, including https://forums.emulator-zone.com/sendmessage.php

However the forum recently went HTTPS only so I guess all the links should point to the HTTPS site now (saves a redirect).

As for your feedback, thanks I'll make a note of it, but to be honest the site could use a major overhaul. There is lots more stuff that is outdated or could use improvement/expansion. Not sure when I'll have the time and motivation to do that.

aaronfranke

I was referring to "For Macintosh users I recommend Emulation.net.". I didn't see this part when I looked at your profile so I assumed it was a signature, but your reply doesn't have it, so it must not be. I guess quotes don't show on the profile page.

aaronfranke

As for your feedback, thanks I'll make a note of it, but to be honest the site could use a major overhaul. There is lots more stuff that is outdated or could use improvement/expansion. Not sure when I'll have the time and motivation to do that.

I threw this together in HTML. I guess it's a start, or at least can be inspiration for, a site redesign. The colors obviously aren't there to stay, but are meant to show the sections of the page. Most of this is taking existing elements and increasing the size.

aBoDl0m.png

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I threw this together in HTML. I guess it's a start, or at least can be inspiration for, a site redesign. The colors obviously aren't there to stay, but are meant to show the sections of the page. Most of this is taking existing elements and increasing the size.

Without wanting to get into much details, all I can say is that the site is running on a custom application. You could compare it to things like Joomla (as an example), but in this case it is tailor made to fit this exact purpose. What GHDpro means is that at this point it may be more viable to rewrite the whole thing (and make it future proof) from scratch rather than try to just modify it to add more features in it and that is something he cannot dedicate too much time to at this point.

aaronfranke

What kind of custom application is required? From what I can tell, the main part of the site is just a lot of static pages, shouldn't be too hard to replicate.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
It's made to look as it is static HTML files for search engine optimization reasons. The only pre made thing we have here is the forum.

Touko White

I'm cute, aren't I?
I think the logo on the board should take you back to the main page, because there's a bar for Forums/Blog, there's no point having two links really, so it might be a good idea.

We should also open up some kind of wiki of sorts for system documentation, emulator guides, that sort of thing, but dunno how active it would get.