Gaming since the 70s, fairly 'new' to the emulation scene....

Ancient_Roms

Hi and thanks for having me. I have been playing video games since the invention of video games. For many years I was a rather 'hardcore' collector, gathering and compulsively hoarding until I had rooms filled with stuff. A couple years ago a friend turned me on to emulation/roms/etc., and my brain early melted at the thought - Imagine; all those years of collecting, searching, and spending, only to now find out that I can enjoy entire libraries, housed on a tiny chip the size of a pinkie nail - ?!
Yep, I nearly flipped the hell out, heh.
Anyhow, although I have been at it for a couple years and can do many things on my own, I still require help with many of the procedures. I am a bit better with the DSs than I am with the PSPs, and I love both for different reasons. (I have around ten DSs and maybe a half dozen PSPs at the moment, though things change often...)
On a related note, I also have several 'sickly' systems in need of love and repair.....anyone here know how to fiddle with such things? (Bad screens, roughed up, cracked displays, etc.etc.)

Looking forward to it all and thanks in advance -
:thumb_up:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
First of all welcome!

As for the question regarding the repairs.....I am not sure if anyone here can help you.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You won't find repair help here much for the reasons below. If you're looking for more attention on that topic try reddit. This place has become a gold mind for the kids whining about how to play games on the computer for free. Most of the members just got so sick of it they moved on(still here but don't check in much). It’s like anything, sooner or later an idea just gets plastered all over the place and it loses its foundation.

I'm like you, been gaming since atari, and saw all the progression over the years. I first heard of emulation in 98 and pretty much have not stopped since. My system is set up with a front end and all you do is click a system and run a game. All of the emulation settings are in-place so it just fires up. I also developed a way to connect every controller to the computer with one adapter. shameless plug. Emulation is a great luxury for us older farts and seems to now be a theft tool for the young. Though amazingly some younger members on here (like "Mupen64 Man") get the idea and use it more of a blast to the past (outside their time line, or when they were really young). My son is 4 and I started him on atari, he just loves that system. He also likes mario 64 but hates all the "words" as he calls it and game intros. I have to relate to that, I loved going right in to the game, always hated that intro show off what our system can do crap. It is fun vicariously reliving my past thru him.

So hang around, it may take a bit for us to catch your post but we are here.

Last edited: