Emulation Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycomik

I would like to issue a challenge and money (i'm not rich but would make it worth it) for the party that can come up with some kind of emulator for the Archos Gmini400. The games available suck badly. Any kind of emulator is greatly anticipated by the Gmini community already. If I had any skills I would give it a shot, but to date this seems like the best route. The mophun game engine runs on the Gmini, so maybe that could be a start, some emulator for that might be a possiblity? Thanks in advance.

nycomik

interest is building at gmini400.com

i mentioned on gmini400.com that i issued a challenge to all the emulator peeps out there. there is a buzz going already. i think we could get at least a couple of hundred, maybe more? you can download the lastest os on archos.com. however, it's a tough nut to crack apparently. i'm not sure it can be done. but the winner to deliver a proven emulator will definitely see some cash for their hard work. i'm sure someone with skillz can do it. all the best.

nycomik

Have people working on it.

Not true. Others are working on it as we speak. I hit a lot of boards with this challenge, and others would like the money. The money is there, but I thought someone with skillz might get the satisfaction of cracking this, since nobody has been able to do it. Truth be told not sure it could be done. But we would pay the person who did it. The lastest os can be found on archos.com.

Zach

Almost no one here knows how to program, let alone how to emulate other hardware. That's basically what Butters was trying to tell you.

montpics

nycomik said:
I would like to issue a challenge and money (i'm not rich but would make it worth it) for the party that can come up with some kind of emulator for the Archos Gmini400. The games available suck badly. Any kind of emulator is greatly anticipated by the Gmini community already. If I had any skills I would give it a shot, but to date this seems like the best route. The mophun game engine runs on the Gmini, so maybe that could be a start, some emulator for that might be a possiblity? Thanks in advance.
I think I could smell spamming here...... :rolleyes: But anyway though, as Neco and Butters said before, not everyone has the skills to make an excellent emulator as I speak.

In short, I will close this thread at this moment. So, anyone who wants to try it out will check on the site being mentioned above. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.