Next-Nex-Gen Consoles

donkeyknob

Where do they go from here? if the producers put enough effort into a game they can create AWESOME graphics, so why the hell do we need a playstation 3 with 4 cell processors? (that is the current rumour) My question to you all is, where do you think technology can take the games? The xbox is the most advanced console (proven by what can be hacked/modded/altered on it) yet Halo 2 isnt any competition for SNES' Super Mario Brothers or Sega's original Sonic The Hedgehod series on the Sega Mega Drive.

What is the point of more powerful systems? there are already too many crappy games out there, so why create "better crappy games" which can already be achieved with effort on current systems?

Zach

Virtual Reality, true life-like graphics, etc.

Everyone knows retards will buy boobs and graphics, there is no reason to stop.

onewecallgod

its easier to make pretty graphics than actually make a decent game. creativity and originality is hard, rendering graphics isnt

montpics

onewecallgod said:
its easier to make pretty graphics than actually make a decent game. creativity and originality is hard, rendering graphics isnt
I had to agree with you. They can make a good graphic easily or gameplay too but pretty hard to make a good story/plot. Most of the games I found a little bit of dissapointing as not all have a strong plot to put the game to the peak. :(

Zach

I don't know how Uematsu does it, thats for sure.

Hes got a truckload of songs with his name on them

donkeyknob

as all of you agreed, graphics is easy. but we have nearly reached the point of as-pretty-as-it-gets-without-going-into-technical-useless-pixel-data-bragging-rights. so where will the originality come from? how can four 4ghz processors (ps3) deliver originalty?

Zach

It doesn't, and its not meant to. Its meant to deliver profits.

Entertainment is an art, yes, but its also a business

montpics

donkeyknob said:
as all of you agreed, graphics is easy. but we have nearly reached the point of as-pretty-as-it-gets-without-going-into-technical-useless-pixel-data-bragging-rights. so where will the originality come from? how can four 4ghz processors (ps3) deliver originalty?
PS3 can't deliver originality. It's the game makers/creators who will be responsible on making a game.

It would be a very tough to make an original but at least the materials they'd used won't be reused again in the next series. Look at Megaman X series did. They reused the same old boss again and again. Try to get a new one! :mad: :cool:

ragericho

more power isnt taking games any where look @ psp and ds ...ds has a new innovation witch add's spice to handheld gaming while the psp goes for power and large screen very boring i reckin. I still think we need lots of horse power in next gen console but we also need inovative ways to play games.

Sony's Cell is eq to about 4.7ghz but what is sony gonna offer in terms of gameplay ?

Nintendo's Revolution is supposed to add innovation to console gaming but they also said there not worried about horse power that much

just have to wait till may to find out more info @ e3

donkeyknob

im glad to see that someone is on the same page as me... so yeah, this thread is about new GAMES and the irreleventness (word?) of 4.7ghz proccessors

montpics

unirrelevant is a better word for that. :p

No much info, but Nintendo Revolution could be the last console made by Nintendo if the sales didn't go well as they hoped.
In other words, just wait and see till the E3 comes. :cool:

ragericho

its in may dam id love to go to this years e3 it will be the best ever all new next gen consoles revealed

Genome

north west south west
i totally agree. there isnt really much to say that you guys havent covered. i think Halos single player is THE worst video game ever. companys need to inject actual gameplay,plot,depth of characters, and variety back into games. im so sick of generic feeling action games. i would kill for a company with real vison. one day hopefully the mainstream will pull their heads out of their asses and learn video games arent all about looks their about having fun and making your friends jealous.hell except for emulation ive totally abandoned console gamming. hopefully things will get better. its too bad nintendo is going to go the road of sega b/c like an earlier post said ppl are stupid and just b/c nintendo isnt going to go with overkill graphics and processing no one will buy it. however i do admit some companys have tried to make real innovations and new game styles. however most of these have been failed and badly mangled games. (legend of zelda wind waker..need i say more)hope e3 sends us some good news.

oh yeah commercial video game companys,mainstream jackasses, and xplay. this is for you :fuckyou:

donkeyknob

the best game i have played in a very very long time, by far, is leisure suit larry: magna cum laude. previously, it was fable, but it was just simply too short to thoroughly enjoy. the reason? because they decide to polish up all the graphics and totally neglect gameplay. just when i was really getting involved, they go and end the game. i never found any replay value either and have just watched the game dissolve into the realms of unused CDs

Genome

north west south west
yeah donkey i know what you mean. i got the same effect from half-life2. i loved the first game and simply b/c that one was so awsome i figured a sequal had to be better right? ..wrong. you spend 75% of the game aimlessly driving vehicles. first you drive a fan boat. then you stop attach a gun to your fan boat...then drive the damn fanboat some more. then there is a nice break where you actually play the game a little. and then you get a dunebuggy wich you drive ..and drive........and drive. oh and whats this you end up RIGHT WHERE YOU STARTED. i basically use this game (and nearly every pc game for that matter) exclusivly for multiplayer now.