Site Safety

Katrinia15

I would like to know from like an admin etc how safe is this site? because i know that emulator sites can have a lot of viruses in it and i wish to know if anybody knows about how often this site is scanned for viruses and such. I don't wish to infect my computer if it can be avoided. (I apologize if this may be in the wrong area, I did not know exactly where it would be under besides this)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Im not an admin, but I can assure you that you will not be downloading any viruses from this site.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to know from like an admin etc how safe is this site? because i know that emulator sites can have a lot of viruses in it and i wish to know if anybody knows about how often this site is scanned for viruses and such. I don't wish to infect my computer if it can be avoided. (I apologize if this may be in the wrong area, I did not know exactly where it would be under besides this)

Yes the emulators are checked for viruses, however, that does not mean that you should not have an antivirus program installed on your computer. There could be a virus (not necessarily from an emulator) that is too new to be detected.

If you don't have one already, a few I can recommend are Miscrosoft Security Essentials and AVG.