Really need help w/ transferring files to x box

mirokutunel

Hi, I have all the the programs on my x box needed to play roms, I have a bunch of emulators that were pre-installed but I have no idea how to transfer roms to the x box so that I can play them. So far I've tried saving the roms to a cds but my x box wouldn't read the disk and then I tried again with a cd-rw and it still wouldn't read it, I tried different programs on the x box to read the disk but none would, its like if there was no cd in the drive at all, I'd greatly appreciate any help regarding this matter, I'm sure theres some great, helpful people here who could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong,
thanks in advance

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Most xbox drives don't like cd-rw disks. Try using a normal cd-r disk and then copy the roms to the hard disk using a file manager(if you have one installed).

mirokutunel

Yeah, i tried a cd-r originally and none of the file managers would read the cd-r, good idea, but do u think that maybe I need to create the cd-r in a special way, i put the roms into the cd-r after i unzipped them and under data.

donkeyknob

heres a list of possibilities for solving your problems:

1) FTP them to the xbox (obviously you upgraded the dash, so surely you can FTP files? need any help just ask me)

2) Create another boot CD, but this time have the following files in the ISO image:
*A folder structure for the roms (ie a folder for SNES roms, GBA roms, etc...)
*All the neccessary folders for the "BoXplorer" program

Just have all the boxplorer files sitting there, with boxplorer's default.xbe as is (because this will make your boot CD open up boxplorer as the dash). then using boxplorer, select the rom folder on the D:\ (dvd-rom) and copy it to whatever location on your E:\

let us know how it works out for you?

mirokutunel

Hi, thanks for the advice, i think i'll take u up on that offer now of asking you how to ftp, so now I downloaded the flash fxp and I have a cross-over cable, i tried connecting but my cpu doesnt read it, i tried some tutorial that says to change the ip address on the local connection and on the x box but it doent connect on the fxp, so I'm reeally not sure what to do now, i'm back to step 1, i have the fxp software to ftp and the crossover cable, so now what can u tell me to start helping me transfer files?
thanks

donkeyknob

you need to now make another new EvoX boot CD- this time open up evox.ini (notepad works fine) and find the IP adress under [NETWORK]. just change the address to 192.168.1.101 then boot that on your xbox. then use flash fxp to connect to 192.168.1.101 then go to the C:\ and edit evox.ini so that the IP is permanently changed on your standard dash. from there i assume you know what to do