Www.waz6.net

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I need to apply for my own domain one of these days and get a nice(& affordable) hosting solution.

Couldn't you just re-register waz5?

J

Jet Set Willy

Nope, as the people who I 'registered' with have decided that they own in (because in all fairness, my payments bounced).

Check for Waz203893.net in 10 years time!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
The first startup fee for a .gr name is 51,94€(including 18% tax) for the first two years. For every two year renewal after that you pay 34,6€(+18% tax).

As for hosting a nice solution seems to be 0801 and their premium package(the only package that includes mysql) that includes: 200mb of space, 1 mysql database, unlimited data transfer, 20 pop3 e-mail accounts, e-mail forwarding, PHP etc etc... all that for just 147€ per year.

J

Jet Set Willy

My site is on a free host, so I only paid about £6 in total which was for the domain.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
If you calculate the total hosting cost for the first two years I would have to pay 51,94 + 147*2 = around 346€ to have a nice round number.

Zach

LOL

I don't trust any host giving either unlimited bandwidth or space.

and for 147€ shit your getting ripped off.

Whats your every day currency ? (dollar, pound, lira, etc)

Zach

Well on a pure conversion scale thats almost $200 american dollars.

You could get way better hosting and options from an american company for much less money

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Neco@Nov 25 2003, 11:06 AM
Well on a pure conversion scale thats almost $200 american dollars.

You could get way better hosting and options from an american company for much less money
Everybody knows that. Local webhosting has always been shit.

TGS

Thought of anything yet Wazzeroo?