HVD to pave way for 200 movies on one disc

Jale

Scientists in Japan have created a new disc format that promises to upsurp Blue--Ray and HDVD formats before they have even been launched. The new format called HVD standing for Holographic Versatile Disc will be capable of holding up 200 movies on a single disc.
Full article HERE

montpics

Bigger storage discs, more files you can put into. That's technology..... :cool:

donkeyknob

but the largest HD i have commercially seen is still only 250GB, and apparently not all 250GB are supported by windowsXP... i hope this technology is rw at least (i didnt read the full article)

Zach

Hard disk and compact disc technology are quite a bit different from each other, so its not really surprising. By the way the largest consumer drive is 300GB, if I am not mistaken.

There are most likely larger ones out there, but in the case of storage space people just use RAID and diasy chain because its pobably cheaper at this time.

vazel

largest consumer drive is 400gb.

wow, this is amazing. though i doubt we will see these holographic discs become popular anytime soon. blu-ray is being backed by the most powerful corporations in the industry.