so many emulators, which one?

stubby42642

so, in search for oldschool NES and SNES.. even Sega emulators, i noticed there was a ton of choices for each system. im sure there's pros and cons to all of them, different strokes for different folks and all. but im just curious which emulators people prefer. personally i use virtuaNES, Snes9x, and Gens32. i havent gotten into 64bit emus yet. they all work fine for me, small things bug me, but i didnt expect everything to be 100%. the only one ive really had any problems with is the emu i got for snes on my ds. snemulds .. im noticing there's ALOT of roms that dont wanna load, or major graphic problems. maybe i can find a better choice to run on the DS. but yea, what do you cats use? :confused:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I can't speak for what to use on a DS but in the way of computers we list them in a semi reliable order. What most think is best is on top. I agree with all your choices except I use higan for snes since that emulator is the only %100 complete snes emulator you will find.

stubby42642

I can't speak for what to use on a DS but in the way of computers we list them in a semi reliable order. What most think is best is on top. I agree with all your choices except I use higan for snes since that emulator is the only %100 complete snes emulator you will find.
i hadnt heard of higan, but from what i have been reading it's supose to be an emulator that plays both NES and SNES roms... am i correct? if thats the case, thatd be excellent. tho ive never had any problems with snes9x or my virtuanes, it would be cool to have 1 emulator that covers both nintendo systems.

stubby42642

ive never had any problems with the emulators i use to play NES, snes, and sega games on my PC. only the emulator i use for my DS. in what all ive read, SNemulds is the best one to run on a DS, and ive ran into a ton of games that wont run on it. wether its major graphic problems or just freezing and outright wont play some roms. there may be something i can do to make some of the roms play, im just not super familiar with the program yet.