Hello and Thanks to all

BloodFart

hello everyone. im new here and i just wanted to say thank you to all the contributing members of this community. the vast amount of information here is the best around on these topics. ive lurked here for a while doing some reading and a lot of research, and am just now becoming a member as i am finally launching my project.

im a member of several online forums across the board and i value the wealth of information and education that can be gained by being a part of a community like this. ive been a part of forums on several topics in the past based on various interests in my life such as salt water aquariums, firearms, and affiliate marketing. im happy to ad this forum to my list of valued resources. thanks again to all for making this a great place to learn about the various topics discussed here.

im not really too deeply involved in the most current video games. i run some high end games on my systems to mainly test out my hardware and drool at the results, however, i have a big fondness for the games of the past that i grew up with such as atari, nes, snes, sega, arcade games and so on. we didnt have much money when i was growing up, and i wasnt one of the kids that always had the cool stuff. when the nes hit america i was 8. i finally got an atari 2600 around that time :-( . i didnt get a nes until i was about 13 (1990 ish). still behind in the times, i didnt get a snes until i was 15. i bought it with my first paycheck from my first job :). the fun i had as a kid playing these video games with my friends at there houses, at the corner store, and the never ending wishing i had the cool games never really left me. not long ago, i became aware of the whole emulation and rom thing. i got my hands on some emulators, and more roms than i could ever possibly deal with in my lifetime. on my pc at home, late at night, i re enjoyed playing super mario bros, excitbike, and mike tysons punchout just to name a few. the memories and joys they brought back were absolutely wonderful.

these days i have a 4 year old daughter who is my entire world. shes just getting into interactive digital things and really enjoys this little handheld leapster explorer thing she has, with a few of the little kid type learning games for it. i thought she would really like to play some simple video games (the kind i grew up with), and i was right. shes a little young, but we played around with the nes and snes emulators with some of the little kid titles like barbie and the little mermaid games and what not and she fell in love. i really thought it was pretty cool that i might get to share some of that stuff with her that i grew up with.

so now ive decided to try my hand at building an arcade type cabinet for her (and me ;-) ). im drastically limited in my knowledge of emulation, mame systems, frontends, and pretty much everything that goes along with this, but im going to give it a shot. im pretty deep into the pc world, so i do have some computer abilities. thats a start anyways. ive scored a decent extra pc and monitor setup that will do just fine for the requirements of running the emulators i want. i already have my emulators and all the roms. sooooo many. without testing every single one out, im around probably 10k already. ill do some ps1 titles, but mostly systems that came out prior to that. this summer ill work on building the cabinet. that should be the fun. i cant start on that any time soon cuz its like 15 below zero around here lately, too cold for the shop. im about to start setting up this pc. i hope to have that end all situated by the late spring. just from what ive experimented with on my home pc, i know im going to have some issues setting up the n64 emulator with the frontend, and the ps1 emulators have been an absolute nightmare, but thanks to this forum, im willing to give it a shot. ill refrain from asking those questions at this point, cuz im sure they have been addressed several times already. ive got a lot of searching, reading and learning to do here first.

just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, and give a thank you to all that are involved here. the presence of this forum is a real life saver. a great foundation for a guy like me to get a project up and running. by the time im finished i hope i can contribute something back as a thank you.

cory.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hey there, I didn't have time to read your intro all the way, but one thing I do know is that you are new to this forum, and that you should be welcome! :)

Mike2058

Hi!!! I'm new here too and thinking about the same project, so, good luck and let us know how it goes, I'll promise to do the same!