Emulator Problem: epsxe CIRCLE BUTTON WON'T WORK IN LUNAR-PLEASE HELP MEEEE!

sweetypatt

I am soo new to emulators it isn't even funny. I just got epsxe the other day and I am not sure if it is a problem with the game I downloaded or the program...
but I got Lunar: Silver Star Story (complete) and the circle (back) button won't work in certain situations. If I go in a shop I can't go back even if I buy something. I can't just press circle to cancel the command and it doesn't make a sound. I just end up having to restart the game!! Also, if I am fighting and I accidentally select magic, for example, when I just wanted someone to use an item for that issue, I am stuck choosing magic because I can't cancel that command. So, I have to be totally confident with the command I'm going to use. It only works when I'm in the menu trying to save or equip an item I got from a treasure chest. I need to buy new items to use to beat this boss! Please help!!
Also, I am not even sure I am using the emulator correctly..:dry: I don't see any files of where I saved. But, when I start the game I can continue and save and everything..I downloaded romstation first, then epsxe and romstation is in french so I'm confused and seemingly SOL. If you can help with that, too that would be great. But, the biggest emergency is going back!! I've tried configuring circle to other letters and plus it works sometimes so is it just the game??

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Okay, so are you saying that your emulator is in french? How in god's name did you set it up? XD If you want an english version of ESPXE, you need not look farther then here. As far as you not being able to go back certain situations, I will check up on that, I have never played the game before, so it might take a bit for me to get back to ya. Oh, and for your information, the emulator saves to virtual memory cards, which should be in the "memcards" folder in the main ESPXE directory, usually in .BIN format. :)

sweetypatt

Okay, so are you saying that your emulator is in french? How in god's name did you set it up? XD If you want an english version of ESPXE, you need not look farther then here. As far as you not being able to go back certain situations, I will check up on that, I have never played the game before, so it might take a bit for me to get back to ya. Oh, and for your information, the emulator saves to virtual memory cards, which should be in the "memcards" folder in the main ESPXE directory, usually in .BIN format. :)

OH sorry I downloaded Romstation (my brother recommended it) and it's how I can download my ROMs and ISOs and whatever lol He said I could get all of the emulators on there too but I couldn't figure it out because it's in French. He's in French class so he helped with some of the words, and Google translate helped with the others lol Yes please help me with the circle!! I downloaded the game on Romstation and the last thing I need is to have to get the game again. I think it's only saving on Romstation and not saving on ePSXe. I looked in the memcards folder last night and didn't find anything, it said no results :/ so if it's a bug in the game I'm screwed!! It took me awhile to get to that point :/

sweetypatt

please is it just the game I downloaded? Is the ISO corrupt?? I need help. I just saw that someone asked the same question and nobody answered them....

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
This is not a epsxe question its a Romstation question, try asking on their forums. I'm sure there is a English version of Romstation. If not, no-one here can really help as this is an English board.

sweetypatt

This is not a epsxe question its a Romstation question, try asking on their forums. I'm sure there is a English version of Romstation. If not, no-one here can really help as this is an English board.

This being an English board is completely irrelevant.. I obviously speak English and other English speakers use Romstation. I just ended up with the French version somehow. But, as I said someone else asked this question before on a different emulator board and nobody answered them. They had the same exact problem but got the game from another source, not Romstation. SO, I didn't know if it was the game or if it was a problem with epsxe, for example needing to try different plugins. I used pete's stuff and since posting this I'm trying to use those bios. Trying to extract them in the bios folder of epsxe and winrar and 7zip are saying they can't read it....
something like that would be helpful...

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No one is saying its you? I'm simply pointing out you wont get much help here with Romstation. You have done nothing wrong, you just are not in the right place. If you take the Romstation out of the equation and set up epsxe alone I'm sure we can help. If it is the game that is causing the issue you will need to wait till someone that has that game chimes in. I personally have not heard of epsxe doing that.

sweetypatt

No one is saying its you? I'm simply pointing out you wont get much help here with Romstation. You have done nothing wrong, you just are not in the right place. If you take the Romstation out of the equation and set up epsxe alone I'm sure we can help. If it is the game that is causing the issue you will need to wait till someone that has that game chimes in. I personally have not heard of epsxe doing that.

I'm not at all asking for help with Romstation...that's just the source I got my ROM from! It's just a way to download games. The only thing Romstation had to do with was my saving issue. It saves through Romstation not epsxe. But I was saying if nobody can help with that it isn't my main issue. I need help if they've had that problem with going back or to tell me what they think I should be able to do.
Since last time I re-downloaded the Rom from another source, and opened it in epsxe alone (not through Romstation) and it's still got the same bug.
So my question isn't at all related to Romstation. I was just noting where I got my ROM, in case the source wasn't reputable.
idk how else to say this...I'm not trying to get upset with you, you just aren't getting what I"m asking and I'm getting no closer to my answer than I was when I started this.
Thanks for trying though.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
My reply addressed 3 areas.

1) issue with Romstation ( since you stated this is not your question then stop commenting on it )?
2) issues with epsxe ( like mentioned try emulating with epsxe alone and simplify the issue )
3) issues with the game ( you need to wait for a someone that has that game)

Your last reply didn't have relevant content addressing the issue, you just continued to talk about Romstation. So if any one is making this a Romstation issue its you. Move on to my second suggestion so we can help you.