I need help with EpsxE!

Yes, I am aware that Playstation emulation has only gone so far and that it's crappy and buggy, but I'm sure my problem is some kind of "Oh my god, I was so stupid!" kind of problem that I overlooked something. Basically, I want to play LSD Dream Emulator more than any other game right now and I've been trying to work with EpsxE for about 6 hours now. However, whenever I run the CUE file of LSD DE I just get a blank screen with no sound, no nothing. However, the "Controller 1" image still shows; so I know it's not a freeze or crash problem. I'm not very tech-savvy, so I'll leave a list of the plugins, settings, etc. Obviously, I use SPCH1001. Another thing to note is that I'm trying to run a CUE file, and I only try running it with the "Run ISO" Option. Also, I put these plugins in the Plugins folder and not the main part of the Emulator's file.

Sound plugin: SPUPeopsDsound.dll

Video Plugin: gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll (I also have some file called gpu.dat in the plugins folder as well.)

CD-Rom Plugin:cdrPeops.dll

BIOS:SPCH1001 (I put in the BIOS folder respectively.)

I also have a file in the main section of the winRAR file called burutter.dll. I'm not sure if that's causing the problem.

Okay, now I'll go into the Video Settings.

Window Mode; Window Size: 640x480

Internal Y and X resolutions are both 1: High.

Stretching Mode and Render Mode are at 0.

Colour Depth is 32 Bit.

Texture Filtering: 0.

Hi-Res textures are obviously OFF.

GFX Card Vram: 0 (Autodetect)

Offscreen Drawing and Framebuffer Upload are 0.

Framebuffer effects are 1.

None of the Misc. options are enabled.

My Hard Drive has 87 GB left of its 282 GB.

My laptop runs on Windows 7 and was built by eMachines.

I have an AMD C-50 Processor which has 1.00 GHz.

It also uses a 64-bit operating system.

If you're looking into it for me, thanks. I might try screwing around with the settings, but I'm not one for that because I wouldn't know where to start or what to work with first. Thanks, guys.

nexus382

Don't run the CUE file. When you unzipped the rom there should have been a BIN file in there. Try to load that. If all still fails it could be another issue, how the rom may be no good or not compatible with your emulator or the emulator not wanting to run on your computer. I'm going to download this rom now and try it in PSXfin, my personal favorite, and see if it runs. i will post back as soon as it is completed and i should be of more assistance after that.

ADDED: cool looking game BTW....

Last edited:

nexus382

What a freaky but cool game. I believe I figured out your issue as I may have run in to the same one. Unfortunately the answers may violate some rules to a certain forum site so PM me and I will solve your issue. :)