VBA LINK TRADING POKEMON ISSUE

IIx Z xII

So first off this my first post on this site although I have been using it for a couple years now. I recently discovered VBA LINK and was excited to trade my pokemon from yellow to crystal then crystal to soulsilver.. problem is I had no idea that trading between generation 2 pokemon to generation 3 was impossible for the physical gameboys... Witch leads to my question.. Is VBA LINK governed by the same laws or can I bypass this crappy tragedy with the emulator..?

On a side note I did encounter a thread where a player apparently claims you can get yellow pokemon on to generation 3 through pokemon stadium and colluseum... Does anyone know if this is true and how would you go about doing it? If this is true, would it be possible for emulators to accomplish this? I have never pesonally tried taking my pokemon from yellow and putting them on pokemon stadium via emulators.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~ Z

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Its something that no one here has experience to answer. The views may have came from visitors that aren't apart of the forum. Besides, VBA Link isn't that great when it comes to trading GBC games. TBG Dual should do the trick.