Emulator Problem: Please help!

Stormrider

Ok so I'm not to good with emulators but I've gotten Brigandine to work for the most part on epsxe the only thing is the music doesn't work so well on it. Can anyone kinda walk me through getting the sound on the world map to work? If anyone is familiar with this problem anyways. I've seen a couple of threads with people having the same problem but they are pretty old and they never specifically say what they did to fix it.

Stormrider

The sound works fine in some points like in battle but when I am in the world map there is no sound at all. Also if I exit the game by pressing escape it gets all staticky. It doesn't seem like a big deal that I dont get sound on the world map but I really like the world map music. I am using P.E.Op.S. Dsound Audio Driver. Like I said before I'm not exactly an expert with emulators so any advice would be appreciated.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hmm, try using epsxe spu core, and see if it helps. If that doesn't work, try configuring P.E.Op.S Dsound, and in "XA music", check "Enable XA playing" and "Change XA speed"

Stormrider

Nothing. No reaction to it at all. Btw I had to switch to my other emulator psxeven because the game kept freezing after battles. Really the staticky thing is the thing that is bothering me now because it won't go away at all now.

Stormrider

1.8. Some people had been able to work with that version but it wasn't working for me. I got the static to go away but the music on the world map still won't come in.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Mmm, I don't know what to say, I'll test out the game tomorrow and post my results, I am so tired right now, got off of work. XD