is a DS or PSP emulator possible?

dar0ckl3ttm

how are they gonna emulate the DS with the dual screen and all? the PSP should be easily to emulate probably. Just curious on what your thoughts on this is.

Jale

dar0ckl3ttm said:
how are they gonna emulate the DS with the dual screen and all? the PSP should be easily to emulate probably. Just curious on what your thoughts on this is.
Not at this time...

Fable

Urban Ninja
I think they will do x-box or something first before they start on these two.

TiredBoy

Wouldn't the only real differences between DS emulation and others systems' the dual screens the touch-sensitivity? Someone'll probably adapt a mouse for use as the stylus. The two screens' displays are probably just a matter of two outputs.

Last edited:

Robert

I know of at least 3 projects to make a DS emu, which will really be a GBA emu with extra stuff. I don't want to cause trouble by linking to the forum where the devs are working...

coleProtocol

Dunno if this topic is dead, but there exists a DS emulator (can't think of the name off the top of my head) that works pretty well. I havn't tried any commercial games, but the text-based (for now) version of linux of the DS works, I've tried it :D .

Robert

Yes, the mouse-click does the touchscreen. Only the lower screen is touch sensitive.

The DS has 4 emulators, sadly things are moving slowly at the moment.
1. HyperDS - got canned before public release, now only used by the developer
2. DSemu - got canned when the developer's computer blew up
3. Dualis - made it to version 8, nothing new in a month.
4. iDeaS - made it to version 4, project still alive I believe.

The PSP has one emulator just released, it is called PSP ELF, or PSPE for short.
Currently at version 5. Runs about half of the homebrew demos.

Raven

Mmm... How bad. :( And the PSP emulator... I suposse it is more easily than the DS maybe?

Last edited:

Robert

Sorry don't understand your question.

Update - iDeaS just announce some progress today.
PSPE v6 was just released today as well.

Grady

I haven't read this whole thing so someone probably has written this before, there has been attempts to make DS emulators i have been told, but it is pretty hard to make\use seeing as they have touch screen capabilites (use the mouse maybe?) and dual screen. Oh well never fear, they will get them some day!

TheCreator

i didn't think a psp emulator would be perfectly possible, with all that fuss about a ps2 emu, and the psp is alkmost as good

hagbard

Emulation it's most a matter of time. Fully working PSP & DS emulators will be released, but you need to wait more than 2 years at least

TheCreator

ds shouldnt be impossible, you could use the N64 code, maybe, to create the graphics. Nintendo probably made the ds a mini n64 to make porting easier, but i dont think it's going to be 2 years until we see a ds one. a ds emu with all the features, maybe.

psp will take a while, i think