new ps1 emulator

kipor

hi i am looking for a set of coders to help me make. A new ps1 emulator for win8 and win7.
With support for today's pc standards opengl DirectX 11/12 and so on :happy:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
It would be wise to list your experiences and accomplishments if you want anyone to take you serious. Also coders cant really help you unless you have a reverse engineer'r or disassembler'r. Is that you? Tell us more about what you can do.

kipor

what i am going to do is mod *PCSX-Reloaded.*To what i need but when i start up the source code in visual studio. All i get is dfxsound.dll cannot find file specified .
When i go to run it

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok, that makes a bit more sense but yet again you novice'ness is showing. This is common, assuming the compile when without errors and it built the project, its missing the dlls needed to run. Every time you make a project it uses other projects that need to be included. So you also need the build of those another projects. These are in the forum of dlls. Finding and downloading the files at random will only cause you pain. You need to know what 3rd party api are used. Its normally in the docs, that means reading...I did a search for you but I can not figure out what api that is for.

Last edited:

kipor

well i will have a look i have a set plan and that is to turn it into a win8 app.I
have it all set out all i need to do is fix the dlll thing and i am all set

kipor

i did that and it did not work this is what i get

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: DFSound, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  xa.c
1>  spu.c
1>  reverb.c
1>  registers.c
1>..\..\..\plugins\dfsound\registers.c(458): warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned short', possible loss of data
1>  freeze.c
1>  externals.c
1>  dma.c
1>  adsr.c
1>  winmain.c
1>  record.c
1>  psemu.c
1>  dsound.c
1>  debug.c
1>  cfg.c
1>  Generating Code...
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\v120\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1186,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Users\jamie\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\pcsxr\win32\plugins\dfsound\.\Debug\DFSound.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Users\jamie\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\pcsxr\win32\Debug\DFSound.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>     Creating library .\Debug/DFSound.lib and object .\Debug/DFSound.exp
1>  DFSound.vcxproj -> C:\Users\jamie\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\pcsxr\win32\plugins\dfsound\.\Debug\DFSound.dll
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Of course it didnt work? Again. Your application is asking for DFSound.lib ( I thought it was dfxsound ) this lib is requesting that its DLL equivalent is in the same directory. You can make guesses all day like Robert did but your not going to end up with a good executable. From the above it looks like its a plugin so somewhere this package exists on the web. This program Robert suggest may have the dll you need in its program folder, you can try it if you like. More then likely it will just give you another missing dll error.

about the output. all that text above says is that is compiled ok. I'm guessing when you run it, you get the error.

Last edited:

Robert

The quoted text indicates a path error in your linking process. The error tells you exactly the problem. Try to fix that first.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Im just wondering how this compile helped anything to become more compatible with windows 7/8.

kipor

the compile will not make it more compatible with windows 7/8.
But when i make it compile ok i will mod it to work better with windows 7/8

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think your wrong. Its very possible the compile may make it work. Though again the compile succeeded? So what happens when you run it ( hit f5 ). Also how does it not work in win 8 to begin with, errors?

Last edited: