SSF won't play .WAVs?

MeteoXavier

Hi there. I'm intermediate at emulation and I've only recently come into Sega Saturn level emulation.

Some of the ISOs I have, Exhumed and Die Hard Arcade, are not playing the background music. I did research on it and most people have trouble with the MP3s and convert them to .WAVs - but I already have the .WAVs. They are in the same folder as the .iso. I also checked the .cue file in Notepad and it looks like it should work, but nothing I do gets it to play the .WAVs. Alternately, the background music in Symphony of the Night does work, but I have no .WAVs for that.

I'm using SSF_012_R3 Beta. VirtualCloneDrive to mount it. Sorry if this is a problem that gets posted ad nauseum, but I've had no luck in finding anything on this specifically on Google or anywhere. It looks like it should work, but I don't know what the disconnect is.

Thank you!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I really only play Shining Force III for the sega saturn, but have you tried SSF 012 R4 beta yet? Maybe that would resolve the problem. Also, have you tried using Daemon Tool Lite to mount?

MeteoXavier

I've not - I wanted to see if it was a simple, known thing that I just hadn't found out yet. I'm not good in the habit of downloading program after program to solve problems, but I might need to. I just wanted to know if there was a simple, but obscure fix to this.

Gamerace

Hey MeteoXavier

I was also have the same problem

after a about an hour of tinkering. this is how I fixed it

My music files are Mp3, I used Audicity to convert them to waves and changed the cue file to match the exact names,
But because I was using A hyperlist as I am wanting the rom to launch through Hyperspin The Iso and wave files are different to the Cue files

So for example, The sega Saturn XML and ISO file was "Die Hard Arcade (USA)" Which i changed to Match the Hyperlist but the and waves are "Die Hard Arcade"
I Changed all the Waves to "Die Hard Arcade (USA)" and then reopened the cue file in note pad and changed them to "FILE "Die Hard Arcade (USA) 02.wav" WAVE"

hope this makes sense

Thanks
Gamerace