Atari Emulators

FFXER

Hey all,
Newbie here. I have noticed that on the website there are no Atari emulators. I'm curious as to why that is. I have seen some atari emulators across the web but I didn't download them knowing this website doesn't have them. Are those legit? Do they have viruses? I Remeber seeing one was called "Stella." Anyway I am looking for an Atari emulator if you have any info regarding this please do tell.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
A little while ago this site got a take down notice from Atari, I know its bull crap, but this site no longer hosts atari emulators. You can find Atari emulators like Stella on their respective sites, a quick Google search will get you far. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think it was about the moments in the business.
In May 2009 Infogrames Entertainment, SA, the parent company of Atari Inc. and Atari Interactive Inc., announced it would be changing Infogrames' name to Atari, SA.

In April 2010, Atari SA board member and former CEO David Gardner resigned. Atari Inc. co-founder Nolan Bushnell joined the board as a representative for Blubay holdings.[40]

As of March 31, 2011, the Board of Directors consisted of Frank Dangeard, Jim Wilson, Tom Virden, Gene Davis, Alexandra Fichelson.[3]

On January 21, 2013, Atari Inc., Atari Interactive Inc., Humongous, Inc. and California US Holdings, Inc. (collectively, the "Companies") filed petitions for relief under chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. With this move, the U.S.-based Atari operations sought to separate from the structural financial encumbrances of their French parent holding company, Atari S.A. (formerly Infogrames S.A.) and secure independent capital for future growth, primarily in the areas of digital and mobile games.[41][42]

As you can see in the beginning of this year the filed petitions for relief under chapter 11 and broke off, so I dont think the threats are of any more concern. Its up do big Lefteris_D if he wants to add it back.

Last edited: