• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

ZSNES: The Best SNES Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jale

ZSNES: THE BEST SNES EMULATOR

Indeed. The best SNES emulator can be considered as the “King of SNES emulators”. But who’s behind this wonder piece of joy? Introducing to you, if you don’t know who are they, zsKnight and _Demo_, the brilliant geniuses behind this marvelous project.

ZSNES was designed on April 2, 2001 and started as a GPL and a source released to the public. Started as ZSNES v0.700c for DOS, it was just wonderful because I only had Snes9X and it was really slow on my comp (a Pentium I 166 MHz at that time), then I met ZSNES and it was simply amazing! Still slow there (about 20fps) but more improved than Snes9X, depending of the kind of video card installed.

Now, after almost 4 years of hard work, ZSNES reached v1.42, the latest kick-ass and most stable version released as a bug fix from v1.40 and v1.41.

zsnes010vg.jpg
zsnes023sk.jpg

Why is ZSNES so special?

ZSNES is widely compatible with almost every game released for the SNES in the world and is small, really small (It won’t surpass the first MB) and has better controller response than Snes9X, specially for Killer Instinct and other beat’em up games like Street Fighter.

And wait, the netplay support is more exciting… Playing with other guys around the world makes ZSNES more special, the net is really stable; and the best of the best… The project is still alive. We hope it never die…

Jale

I liked ZSNES even more when the Window version appeared and the DirectX 8 support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.