Emulator box build suggestions (please)

xenogears9906

Hello everyone,
I'm sure this question has been asked time and time again, but I haven't really found many solid suggestions.

I am looking to build a pc that can run all emulators up to and including PCSX2 and Dolphin, with all of the best settings and plug-ins etc without a problem. Let's say the price cap is $1k (I'll be using this for music and movies as well), though I doubt it will cost that much to be able to accomplish this. Form factor doesn't matter all that much to me, though a smaller system would be preferable I suppose.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well first off there is only one CPU that can do this. I must point out its not limited to the manufacture but the dolphin team. Dolphin was written to take exclusive advantage of the technologies within the ivy/sandy bridge sets. a intel 3750k is a great option but must be OC'd to 5.0 to play all games at a reasonable speed. Just find some one that did 5.0 and clone what there build was. If you go AMD its going to be cheaper but many games just wont run playable. Also note there is no need to go more than 4 cores or going with HT ( i7 ).

Last edited: