virtua racing and daytona usa

solo187

hello, does anyone know when virtua racing and dayton usa are going to be fully working in mame? and what type of computer i would need to emulate them with no problems. Also what computer would you recomend for use with mame anyway? give me some specs because im about to buy a new pc. ive got 1000 pounds to play with. anyone? :eek:

Robert

send the money to me!

seriously, those games are still in the arcade, at least around here, so they won't be emulated in mame for some years. If someone gets around to dumping them (if its not already done), I'm sure someone will work out how to get it going in a loader or some other emu.

solo187

They`ve already been dumped i have the roms. They just dont work!. They are in the mame game list though under not working!

Fable

Urban Ninja
Go robert! Go! lol

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
--topic bump--

any news on this?
I got the roms too, will this be on mame or on nebula?

these are the files right?
Code:
16491.mpr
16492.mpr
16493.mpr
16494.mpr
16528.mpr
16529.mpr
16720.epr
16721.epr
16722a.epr
16723a.epr
16724a.epr
16725a.epr
16808.mpr
16809.mpr
mpr-16518.20
mpr-16519.21
mpr-16520.22
mpr-16521.24
mpr-16522.25
mpr-16523.16
mpr-16524.17
mpr-16525.18
mpr-16536.29
mpr-16537.28
mpr-16769.26
mpr-16770.27
mpr-16771.23
mpr-16772.19

it loaded on m2_emulator_06.zip but it said, board not found etc, etc.

how about daytona 2?

any helpful input will be appreciated.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

They`ve already been dumped i have the roms. They just dont work!. They are in the mame game list though under not working!

Yeah, not working meant it is a no. You will have to wait.

Daytona USA is fully playable for latest Nebula Model 2 emulator but I think Virtua Racing is partially emulated on latest mame but it is not playable yet.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Virtua racing has been fully playable in Mame since v0.116 and Daytona is almost perfect in Model 2 now, in order to make it work you need to go into the board setup screen and make some adjustments to the cab type etc. Can't remember exactly what settings off the top of my head but google should sort you out.

@Leerz - Could probably have done with a new thread though mate. This one was last posted to in 2005!.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Daytona will be alots of improvement in unrelease Model 2. It will be out when they decide it is out. :)

Last edited:

Boozle061083

8-bit soul
To get Daytona working in MAME and Nebula Model 2 you have to go into the setting menu of the game (F12) then go to "Game System". Go down to "Link ID" and set it to "Single".

Nebula Model 2 is the much better emu for Daytona right now and yes Virtua Racing has been playable in MAME for some time.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
Thanks! :p

I'm such a noob on mame and arcade emulation :p

wi'll post back the result.

Thanks RockmanForte, FatTrucker, Boozle061083

btw, I searched the forum first before posting here, I rather search for answers first than mindlessly creating a new topic.

bumping is more tolerable :p

-Leerz

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
sorry, i missed this, im checking it out now, still cant play before.

i'll post back and edit this post when I'm done.
Thanks

--edit----

WoohoooO!! it's working!!
Thanks a ton!!
I was unzipping it, :p

kinda slow though =D

Awesome
Thanks again.

Yey!

//Good gaming rig!

Last edited:

jpcline004

Gaijin
hey no problem. If you have an analog controller like for the PS2 or something, you can configure it for that. Its much easier to steer and hit the gas that way. Let me know if you have any questions.