Killer Instinct img files!!

habrandon

Help!!! Does anyone know how to either get the killer instinct img files or how to convert the kinst. chd files to ki img ?? I want to be able to use the U64 emulator!!

Jale

habrandon said:
Help!!! Does anyone know how to either get the killer instinct img files or how to convert the kinst. chd files to ki img ?? I want to be able to use the U64 emulator!!
It does not make any sense... You can play as .chd...

Fable

Urban Ninja
what do you mean????? explain more clearly man.

habrandon

What i mean is this.....i tried using the U64 emulator to run the killer instinct game....and it wont work unless the kinst. chd file is converted to an img file....so i was wondering if anyone knew how to convert the chd file to an img file.....

habrandon

yes, i tried using mame to run killer instinct, and it does indeed work.... but it runs VERY slowly, and the characters are all shaded black....

Jale

I guess it goes like this...

If you have a working Kinst.CHD file that you can use with MAME then you need to get a copy of chdman.exe that can be found on mame.net. run 'chdman -extract kinst.chd kinst.raw' then rename kinst.raw to ki1.bin. Get 'nekkid.com' and use it to convert your bin file to an img file and see if that works :)

bigleague

There's an easier way to get the killer instinct image file!

Just do a search on google for (ki.img). Your sure to find a site that will have the file already converted from .chd to .img.

Alkaiser

Butters said:
I guess it goes like this...

If you have a working Kinst.CHD file that you can use with MAME then you need to get a copy of chdman.exe that can be found on mame.net. run 'chdman -extract kinst.chd kinst.raw' then rename kinst.raw to ki1.bin. Get 'nekkid.com' and use it to convert your bin file to an img file and see if that works :)

He's right. That's how I was able to play Killer Instinct on U64.

Last edited: