Bush In Britain

J

Jet Set Willy

Tens of thousands of people are stalking him protesting right now. I'd really like an assasination during this visit, or at least an attempt.

El Fugitivo

Heh, he has something like 700 armed troops travelling with him, I hear. And he's visiting a supposedly friendly country.

Badger

The Sun (a right wing and very xenophobic tabloid in the UK) is trying to pass off that the majority of the UK like Bush (80% in some of the polls they show)... I would like to find these people that think he is a good President, I haven't met any.

Zach

I don't like him, or the way he works.

But if people would watch his speeches and actually listen to him trying to explain how he feels, without the negative mindset; they might understand him a little better. I did.

From what I hear the UK didn't exactly like Reagan either. But he was charasmatic and got out and talked to people about his visision, and became far more accepted for it.

Bush is simply a no bullshit person who isn't afraid of what the rest of the world thinks about him. Frankly, the world needs more leaders with that one specific trait.

He aint perfect, and I'm not endorsing him. But fuck it, whatever.

J

Jet Set Willy

A lot of stupid people like to blindly believe that whatever they say is right/correct. That's not an admirable trait in my opinion.

Zach

I think he is slightly more intelligent than people give him credit for.

I don't think any of us can really say for sure unless we know and talk to him.

Of course, actions speak louder than words. He has initiated some "unpopular" actions recently. Only time will tell if those actions were for the better.

I don't understand some of the protesters.

They are screaming about "stop the war" when its over. And its almost like they are defending the fucking maniac we removed from power.

Do I agree he should have been removed from power?
Yes.

Do I believe that he had WMD's that were an immediate threat?
No, I think it was a bullshit excuse.

Thats what I think he should be held accountable for, and what he should be criticized for.

THe funny thing about people is they will make noise just to get into the spot light, even if they don't understand what the fuck they are making noise about. If people want to protest theys hould protest about the WMD's we still haven't found.

But to stand up and call him a tyrant for liberating a country, despite whatever ulterior motives people may suspect; is just fucking ludicris. He may want their oil, and he may want to establish another base to backup Israel with or whatever. But the fact is this.

Iraq is free. Most of the people there ARE happy they are free. The soldiers there seem to believe in what they are doing, and made an effort outright to get involved with the local communities.

Bush made a good point about suicide bombings lately. Turkey is being bombed to shit, Bali has been bombed, Iraq is being bombed to shit, we've been attacked on a grand scale - what happens next when people start bombing Britain and they aren't the IRA ?

What happens when Germany starts getting bombed, (I dare not say france cause they might as well harbor terrorists), or any other countries ?

Will the UK resent Bush more? Will those countries? Will they back out and refuse to stand with the USA ?

What will happen ? The coalition will fall apart. America will become a fortress state, and we will start taking suicide attacks every other day.

A wedge will be driven between the rest of the world and America, a damn big wedge. Thats what the terrorists WANT.

And thats why we should all try to be a little more understanding of the situation of the world. Despite what you think of Bush, or his motives, and despite what the next preseident, or the one after that does.

Because once you can be damn sure, if they bring down America, they will come for your ass next.

Thats why I think we should stick together. And if America becomes some BS global control freak, well the rest of the world will eventually rise up against us. We took down Germany, the world can sure as hell take down America. No country lasts forever.

I think this should be my last post. I've made all my points. I fucking hate politics, and I just can't keep my mouth shut.

I hope people can at least try to understand what I am getting at

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
From the looks of it Bush's trip is a success!

<><>

How idiotic is it that 27 people died in Turkey because of the way some people 'expressed their dissaproval' of current foreign policies. I hope some military group will 'express their dissaproval' of their training camps soon.

Neko Koneko

Originally posted by Waz@Nov 20 2003, 11:16 PM
Tens of thousands of people are stalking him protesting right now. I'd really like an assasination during this visit, or at least an attempt.
What's holding you back?

J

Jet Set Willy

You're a moron. Just because I want something to happen doesn't mean I want to do it myself. I doubt you could ever understand the difference between wanting a very unstable person to do something incredibly devastating, and wanting it enough to do it yourself. Until you can participate in a conversation without sounding like a 10 year old, stay away.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Neko Koneko@Nov 21 2003, 01:07 PM
You are a moron for actually taking that post serious enough to come up with such a response.
I can't believe how well you manage to fulfill your "No, you are!" quota when you post a reply. It's shocking, you really are quite simple.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Waz I'm with you.

Zach

Attention:

Would those with the brain capacity of a bowl of peas please exit this conversation ?

Thank you.

TGS

Time will tell Neco, there's no use in arguing about WMD's and the Iraq situation now. Bump this topic in 2 years, ok?

Neko Koneko

Originally posted by Waz+Nov 21 2003, 02:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Waz @ Nov 21 2003, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neko Koneko@Nov 21 2003, 01:07 PM
You are a moron for actually taking that post serious enough to come up with such a response.
I can't believe how well you manage to fulfill your "No, you are!" quota when you post a reply. It's shocking, you really are quite simple. [/b][/quote]
It's so funny to see that you always use the same old lame excuse when you're being a twat waz. You always say that I say "no you" while you're doing it yourself aswell. Go fuck your mom waz.