Other arcade ROMs

enjikari

Now that I have Killer Instinct up and running, I thought it would be time to try a few more. These are the few I'd like to have:

1) Soul Calibur
2) Samurai Showdown IV
3) Ultimate Mortal Kombat III
4) Street Fighter EX Plus

Mainly fighting games, lol. Problem is, it seems that MAME isn't like regular emulators. Evidently you need a number of certain files to play a game. My question is are there any websites out there devoted to MAME games (as in info on what files u need, how u need to set them up, files available for downloading, etc etc)? Right now, I'm having to try and start the game w/o the required files, write down what files are missing, and search for them 1 by 1. I would do all that work, but I'm looking to make it easier. Besides, as in the case of Killer Instinct, I'd need to know where to put the files and how to make them into what folders and all that information. Can anyone help?

Robert

Make sure you get these in addition to what you've got:
Soul Calibur (SOC14/VER.C) soulclbr.zip
Samurai Shodown IV - Amakusa's Revenge / Samurai Spirits - Amakus samsho4.zip
NeoGeo bios neogeo.zip
Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 2.1) mk3.zip
Street Fighter EX Plus (USA 970407) sfexp.zip
bios cpzn1.zip

Put them all into your ROMS folder. No need to unzip & rezip files.
There are a number of sites that deal with what's needed such as caeser and mamefans. A good start would be to read http://www.mame.net/mamefaq.html

After doing the above, tell us what happens. If you get error messages, tell us exactly what they say. And are you running mame32 or command-line mame? What version?

enjikari

Info

I'm running the regular Mame32, version 0.90. I'll check those sites, do some work, and let u guys know when I run into problems. Thanks again.

enjikari

Update, problems so far

I started off with a random game, and set to work. Here are the files I'm missing for the games:

Street Fighter EX Plus
"coh-1000c.353" - I have this file, and I put it in the sfex folder, but it still says it cannot find it.
"sfexp_u-04a" - Don't have this file at all; can't seem to find it on the net.

Samurai Showdown IV
All of the "222" files keep showing up as "WRONG CHECKSUM", and when the game tries to load, the screen's all wavy and distorted.

Mortal Kombat II (I really want Ultimate MK3, but I tried MK2 first)
The game looks out-of-resolution. It's stretched outward horizontally. Also, I can't seem to play this game with my joystick. I can't even configure the buttons to my joystick like I did with Killer Instinct.

That's all I have for now, I'm off to work. Any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

Robert

coh-1000c.353 is a bios. You should get cpzn1.zip and cpzn2.zip and put them, as is, into your ROMS folder.

sfexp_u-04a goes with sfexp.zip ... you've got that....haven't you?

wrong checksum indicates that the files are not suitable for mame (or that version of mame).

can't help you with joysticks, i don't have one.

enjikari

Thanks

I appreciate the help, I have all those running now (except for Soul Calibur - can't seem to find a working ROM for that one). It's so odd how Killer Instinct will let me use a controller and the Mortal Kombats and Street Fighters won't.