ps1 emulator issues

bonvo

ok so i have 2 computers my older one runs windows vista with 120 gig hard drive and 2 gigs of ram and a dual core prossesor my new one uses a quad core with a 500 gig hard drive and 4 gigs of ram running 7 the issue im having is that im playing ff9 and on the old computer it runs smooth but the battle menus dont show up on the new one i have alot of slowdown while in battle but the battle menus show up is there something im missing here?

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hmm, I am not sure myself, have you tried using different settings in the Graphics plugins?

testmachine

Old member
ok so i have 2 computers my older one runs windows vista with 120 gig hard drive and 2 gigs of ram and a dual core prossesor my new one uses a quad core with a 500 gig hard drive and 4 gigs of ram running 7 the issue im having is that im playing ff9 and on the old computer it runs smooth but the battle menus dont show up on the new one i have alot of slowdown while in battle but the battle menus show up is there something im missing here?

Check my ePSXe config guide in the Sony Emulation section.But i think it won't help,final fantasy games are known to glitch on ePSXe.Try different plugins.

bonvo

im gonna have to download alot more plug ins then cause i have a few ive been cycling threw with no luck so far but i got all of them for the old machine not the new one so it seems i need diffrent ones for different comps

testmachine

Old member
im gonna have to download alot more plug ins then cause i have a few ive been cycling threw with no luck so far but i got all of them for the old machine not the new one so it seems i need diffrent ones for different comps

You can download gpu plugins from HERE

bonvo

thanks for the link man im thinking its gonna boil down to the different video cards since the new machine has a radeon and i dont know what the other one has lol gonna keep exploring and figure this out