This ROM won't work and I don't know why

Forever_Zero88

Alright, I got my ZSNES up and working using the DirectX program I found on a CD-rom that was lying around, all of my ROM files work great on it...but when I try to play Yoshi's Island (the game that I downloaded the emulator for in the first place) it shows all of the information and such at the bottom, you know, the "checksum: ok" and "lo rom" stuff that appears at the bottom of the screen when you try to start any game like usual. But other than that it just sits there on a black screen...does anyone know anything I can do that may fix this?

Forever_Zero88

I just downloaded the newest version of it like...a week ago...so I would assume that's still the newest version of it...so whatever the most recent one is, is probably what I have.

montpics

Is that rom fully playable previously? (I mean Yoshi's Island)

Try use the other SNES emulator if that matter still can't be solved. :cool:

Forever_Zero88

I've tried it with both of my emulators for the SNES (the SNES9X and the ZSNES) and both of them do the same thing...I even downloaded a different ROM file for the game from a different site and that didn't help either...

montpics

Could be a bad dump. Try to find the correct version of Yoshi's Island. I'm sure that there's a lot of versions for that particular game. If it still fails, report it here. ;)

realg123

it wont work, because you are probally downloading the pal version, when you should be using the ntsc version. Here is the link for the ntsc version
*SNIPPED!*, if you are still having problems add me on msn or aim
msn:realg123@hotmail.com
aim:gettoman155

Last edited by a moderator:

realg123

sorry didnt know i was not allowed to post links
if you want help add me on msn or aim
msn:gettoman55
aim:gettoman155

cibomatto2002

Windows 10

hagbard