Problems with Age of Empire II Multiplayer.

F

froster1990

Yes I know that it's outdated, but I'm bringing it back for the fun of it, but I ran into some multiplayer problems, when I use msn gaming zone, when i'm about to join a game it says Age of Empires II is not installed even though I just previously played single player. Whut the heck?

F

froster1990

Well, I was looking around yesterday, and blantly slapped myself when I looked at the name of the room I was in. I was in AOEII: The rise of rome rooms. I'm just kinda angry because they have rooms for age of empires II but no rooms for AOEII: the age of kings expansion. Is the age of kings expasion higher or lower that conquerors, if it is lower will that link you gave me work?

Last edited:

Jale

The Rise of Rome (ROR) is the expansion for Age of Empires I.
The Age of Kings is the Age of Empires II itself.
The Conquerors is the expansion pack for Age of Kings (Age of Empires II).

Go to MSN gaming zone, log in, copy and paste the following link (must be done on IE, not Firefox)

http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires

Note that you MUST LOG IN FIRST to make the link work.

Scroll down a bit and you'll see Age of Empires II rooms below...

Last edited:
F

froster1990

Okay thanks alot but is the upgrade to AOEII: the conquerors free?

Jale

I dunno. I have Age of Kings and I'm waiting for Age of Empires III: Age of Discovery :)

F

froster1990

I hope it's 2d so i can play it or i have to wait 3 month for my birthday for a 3d card.

Fable

Urban Ninja
lol AOE II doesn't work on my computer... me think its cause the disks scratched.

F

froster1990

Crap now i'll be 3 month behind all those people online. What makes me angry is that people play like 24/7 and then expect a brand new person to be perfect and at their level. So I say :fuckyou:

So is this going to still be controling units or is it one of those games like Everquest II where you only control one character.

Last edited:

Fable

Urban Ninja
froster1990 said:
Crap now i'll be 3 month behind all those people online. What makes me angry is that people play like 24/7 and then expect a brand new person to be perfect and at their level. So I say :fuckyou:

So is this going to still be controling units or is it one of those games like Everquest II where you only control one character.
uhhh, it think the term RTS means that it's a 3rd person view, which means you can control units.