How Do I Connect My Ps2 To My Tv Tuner?

dar0ckl3ttm

cool i didnt know you can hook those two up. so how do i do it? do i need to buy additional wires? im trying to record my game progress for all the world to see my l33t skeelz. B)

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I connect my playstation to my VCR and then the VCR to my TV card. Finding the proper cables for that connection is quite easy.

M.H.A.Q.S.

If your TV Tuner supports it. Just plug the A/V cables directly to your TV Tuner and adjust the channel on your Computer.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I do what Lefteris does, as long as you have a VCR it's quite easy.

El Fugitivo

VCR's are extremely cheap these days, and they can probably be had for only $20 more than some the cable to a/v connector. Plus than he has the added functionality of watching VHS tapes.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
That's why I bought a VCR, I got a nice one for $40. I'd say it's worth it.

El Fugitivo

Yeah, that's about how much mine cost me, and it's plenty good enough. Too bad I don't have a TV tuner or a TV in my room (yet).

dar0ckl3ttm

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Nov 20 2003, 12:14 AM
I connect my playstation to my VCR and then the VCR to my TV card. Finding the proper cables for that connection is quite easy.
lefteris_d, so how would i connect them together? which wires do you need?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I connect the playstation scart plug into the vcr and then I split the antenna output of the vcr into two. One going to the TV and another to the PC.

Zach

Wtf ? That is the correct splitter, I think you need to look again

Any decent TV-tuner card would (and I can't recall seeing one that didn't) have a coaxial cable hookup on it. Thats the thick cable that plugs into your TV for those unsure.

Run a short coaxial from your VCR's TV-OUT plug, attach that splitter, then attach two coaxial cables to the respective ends of the splitter.

Run one to the TV, the other to the TV card. Simple as that.

J

Jet Set Willy

That splitter looks wrong to me also. It has screw threads on it. I'm thinking

A) It's a permanent splitter which you have to hard wire
B) Americans have screw connectors on their co-ax for their tellies

Either could be wrong, but it would explain why the brits think that it's the wronger splitter.

Zach

Yes, we used threads in america to keep things fastened. That way when we trip on the cord the whole thing falls and breaks :)

THere are pull on-off cables over here as well, they work with threaded connections. I own some actually.

Either way, thats the correct splitter. You just use coaxial like normal and hook it up to the PC, I have drawn a picture to clear all confusion.

tv-tuner.gif