A Few Project64 Issues

Rellac

So I went to the Project64 forums for this, but they seem to be dead, my posts have remained on the front page since the 9th without any replies at all. Also emutalk wouldn't even let me post anything. I decided to come here, hopefully I can get some help.

Before I start, I would like to note that I use a setup with my xbox joypad and Steam's Big Picture to be able to play games on the main TV without having to rely on any standard PC peripherals. Please don't tell me to use my mouse/keyboard as I'm trying to get myself a sexy setup here. I'm also using a simple bat file converted to an exe to run my games via steam. Here's a link if you're interested, just change the path appropriately and make sure your emulator has proper shell integration enabled (as I said, simple).

I would like to continue with Project64 also, please don't tell me to use another emulator, I would like to stick with what I know.

So, my problems are as such:

1. Control Config:

As I'm sure many of you know, the control scheme for the N64 pad is extremely awkward to map onto the xbox pad in such a way that every game can be played to the maximum efficiency. For certain games, I want the d-pad to be the c buttons (eg zelda), for others I want the right stick to be the c buttons (eg Banjo Kazooie) and for others I want the 64 d pad to be mapped to the left stick. It's hard to map all of my buttons in such a way that the games feel natural. Loading up different settings manually for each game is a major pain in the ass with the aforementioned system.

I would like to know if it's possible to load a specific control config upon loading a specific game. If I open goldeneye, my config for a nice clean modern fps control scheme would load. If I open Zelda, my nice Zelda config would load etc.

I can happily edit my bat file if I need to, it would actually be the most convenient method.

2. Yoshi's Story Visual Glitch

This isn't the usual issues you may see. I previously managed to fix my issues with page 2 with the use of Glide64. I would rather not have to change my video plugin, lest I begin with these issues that will also need fixing.

First of all, the "invisible" boss at Page 3, Level 2 isn't invisible at all. I know this only makes the game easier, but who wants their games made easier?

Here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/T1pTVjj.png

Also, water levels are strange. Every body of water will have a black line running across the top and then be entirely clear beneath. Again, I know this isn't as urgent as some other issues out there, but hey, if I can fix them I might aswell.

Here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/KN51zZz.png

3. HD

I have managed to get HD textures working with Rice's Video Plugin. However it comes at the cost of insanely bad graphical issues (even without the HD), so I'm trying to configure it via Glide64 (which supports it), however, whenever I try to launch any games with a HD pack, my emulator will crash upon loading the games. I've been using This as a guide and have managed to configure the system exactly like this but I could be somewhat wrong at some point.

Here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/sqK7C1C.png

Hopefully this is all but I'm sure I'll find another issues soon! :p