Emulator Problem: Possible Quad Core Issue.. How can I make my games run better on my PCSX2 Emulator?

JohnnyDrama41

Hi all,
Forgive me I'm new to this forum and emulator and I apologize for asking a question I'm sure has been answered already. I already tried the search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

First off I'm trying to play Gran Turismo 4 on PCSX2 ver 0.9.9.5128. and version 1.1.0 Every time I play the game slows down when I start racing but goes super fast when I'm going through the menus.

Another issue is the video...it keeps vibrating, I know my computer has the juice to play this game but I'm a total noob and need advice on how to make everything run as optimally as possible..

Here are my computer specs:

Quad Core: 2.5 GHZ
4 gigs of RAM
Video: Radeon 6670 HD

Here are the things I've tried
I tried turning off the Frame Limiter...
I tried going to task manager and going through setting Affinity and tried setting to real time but it only gave me High

So if anyone can direct me to a thread that has answers to this issue or can provide answers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hey man, welcome to emulation. The first rule of emulation is the faster the clock the better. It has nothing to do with cores. The only emulator that makes use of more the 2 cores is dolphin and that is only for the LLE sound. So the issue here would be the 2.5 GHZ. And that chip does not support the latest and greatest. Your other bottle neck is video. I dont know much about ati so I can not comment on the 6670 HD .

If you want a boost you will need a sandy/ivy bridge configuration. Stay with i5 as the i7 is useless for emulation. 3750k would be a good place to start.

if you are not in the market to buy, then look in to over clocking but I dont this that chip will go much higher.