Age of Empires returns...

Jale

The newest installment of popular RTS franchise from Ensemble Studios set to conquer gamers in the second half of 2005.

Microsoft Game Studios today confirmed what it had been hinting at: the upcoming appearance of Age of Empires III. The title is the newest chapter in the line of real-time strategy titles from Texas-based developer Ensemble Studios (the same shop behind the Age of Mythology franchise).

Age of Empires III is scheduled to ship in the second half of 2005. Gamers will once again take control of a European superpower as it attempts to colonize and conquer undiscovered worlds with new graphics and battle physics. Age of Empires III is set in the time period directly following Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, ushering gamers into the dawn of the Industrial Age. New units will include rifled infantry, cavalry, and ocean-faring galleons.

Source: Gamespot.com
Screenshots: http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?screenshot=all&game_id=4183

Last edited:

Zach

How the fuck did they decide that a Galleon is a new unit ? Its already in AoE: II, whether directly name dor not.

F

froster1990

About time there making a third, but hopefully this isn't the complete end for it now, maybe another expansion.

Fable

Urban Ninja
yeah, aoe I and II were great, I hope the third ones even better.

Jale

Fable said:
yeah, aoe I and II were great, I hope the third ones even better.
It will use the Half-Life 2 engine. What do you think about it? :my_rambo:

Zach

JAPPsmash said:
It will use the Half-Life 2 engine. What do you think about it? :my_rambo:

Post a Link to that utter nonsense

Strike that. I see it uses the Havok engine, however that is nothing but a physics engine. Which frankly, isn't much to be concerned about. Its not "the half-life 2" engine. Its the "Havok" engine. When you say something uses the HL2 engine, people are going to assume you mean the 3D rendering code more often than not.

Last edited:

Fable

Urban Ninja
Neco said:

Strike that. I see it uses the Havok engine, however that is nothing but a physics engine. Which frankly, isn't much to be concerned about. Its not "the half-life 2" engine. Its the "Havok" engine. When you say something uses the HL2 engine, people are going to assume you mean the 3D rendering code more often than not.
Damn, that's what I thought. Err.... I wanna see the what the units look like.

Jale

Neco said:

I'm talking about the Havok stuff :dry:

Zach

JAPPsmash said:
I'm talking about the Havok stuff :dry:

Then you should be more clear in the future.
I also doubt Ensemble studio's appreciates you hotlinking their images either.

Last edited:

Fable

Urban Ninja
Neco said:
Then you should be more clear in the future.
I also doubt Ensemble studio's appreciates you hotlinking their images either.
PFFT who cares they released it to the public so it's legal & it saves you time from looking on google.

Zach

This has nothing to do with legality, its common courtesy not to leech other peoples bandwidth. That shit is NOT cheap.