Help Me Remember The Name Of This Show

hitmonlee

my memory has been prompted by the range of avatars waz is using.

av-2.gif

i am looking for the name or any info on a show from my childhood. (the 80s)

basically it was about a man - and he was all one line. he would move around and any objects in his way would also be part of the one line.

i thought it was blue background - white line - but have been informed that the colour changed.

it was definitely not english/american. i'm thinking french but not sure.

anyone know the show i mean?

El Fugitivo

Hitmonlee's description reminded me of Harold & The Purple Crayon, but I don't know if there was a cartoon of that or just the books.

hitmonlee

Originally posted by <><>@Nov 19 2003, 08:44 PM
i'm the self proclaimed google master of finding lost threads in absurd places

http://forum.bcdb.com/gforum.cgi?post=1217...st=835449#12171

Italian cartoon, 70's
La Linea
with Mr Line
by: Osvaldo Cavandoli
wow

i am very impessed <><>
my friend spent hours searching for that yesterday
we are both indebted to you

did you ever watch it??

you remember this show?
http://web.tiscali.it/stopframe/Serials/aeiou/aeiou.htm

that was the coolest
i miss it

<><>

Originally posted by hitmonlee@Nov 20 2003, 03:32 AM

did you ever watch it??
Yes I remember watching it as a kid and really liking the little pest. I can still remmember his laug and how he would speak and spit everywhere.

One thing still bothers me... when I was watching it as a kid I couldn't make out if the language he was speaking in was italian or make up talk. We somehow knew the cartoon was italian but the kids would say the line guy (called mr curious by our moronic government owned broadcasting channel), would speak in italian as well. The thing kept bugging me for a whie untill I develop enough deduction capability to come to the conclusion that: if the little pest were speaking a comprehensible language, the broadcasting channel would have translated and dubbet it (as poorly as they would dub those documentaires), so he must have been speaking gibberish. I haven't seen the little pest since I was 8 or so...

hitmonlee

i remember a lot of 5 minute shows where the people spoke jibberish

red and blue those plasticine men
the origami duck