How to: Play Roms on the XBOX

klemske13

Playing nes & etc... roms on the XBOX

I am not new to emulators and roms but i am new to the xbox.

What i want to do is play all the classics, nintendo, atari, sega and those on the xbox, i am just wondering what i need and have to do with the xbox to do this.

Is it as simple as throwing the emulator on the xbox along with the roms or is there more involved?

Thanks

Last edited:

donkeyknob

there is a LOT more involved. lets assume you have chipped your xbox, at very least.

1) put evox or some other kind of replacement dashboard on your box

2) download an emulator that emulates <system> on the xbox (there are some here, i have some and #xbins has some)

3) put it in e:/applications or whatever you have set up in evox/alternate dashboard

4) depending on the emu software, you must place the roms in a certain directory on the xbox

5) run the emulator and config then play

i will make a more detailed explanation in required

klemske13

donkeyknob said:
there is a LOT more involved. lets assume you have chipped your xbox, at very least.

1) put evox or some other kind of replacement dashboard on your box

2) download an emulator that emulates <system> on the xbox (there are some here, i have some and #xbins has some)

3) put it in e:/applications or whatever you have set up in evox/alternate dashboard

4) depending on the emu software, you must place the roms in a certain directory on the xbox

5) run the emulator and config then play

i will make a more detailed explanation in required

So you need to chip the xbox to play any emulators? or just to play backup copies of xbox games? I think i am going to need the more detailed explanation.

Thanks

onewecallgod

klemske13 said:
So you need to chip the xbox to play any emulators? or just to play backup copies of xbox games? I think i am going to need the more detailed explanation.

Thanks
you need to mod chip your xbox to do anything other than play xbox games lol....

so you need soldering skills and very steady hands to solder the chip on

donkeyknob

onewecallgod is right. there is a way to reflash the original chip's BIOS, but that is tricky as hell and still requires soldering.

the modchip enables the xbox to read non-xbox discs, thus backup games or boot CDs. i reccommend observing the xboxscene.com forums for a while, then ask for some more help if its still needed