Doom 3

iLLisioN

Post your system specs, average fps, tweaks and such in here.

processor: P4 2.8 800 fsb
memory: 512 ram pc 3200
video card: fx 5800 ultra
mobo: asus p4p deluxe
HD: 80gig maxtor
case: antec lanboy 1st gen

average fps in d3 : 48.3 with no tweaks (default cfg given by doom)
average fps in d3 : 74.8 with tweaks (heavily tweaked cfg by me)

Jale

hehe, Doom 3 won't even run on mine, will it?

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz.
Memory: 256 MB RAM.
Video Card: Is this a joke? I don't have yet :p
HD: 40 GB WDC.
Case: Siragon Kavac Pro (Black and silver)

Average fps: 30 (I think for Doom 3 would be 15 fps) :p

iLLisioN

Well Doom3 needs 384mb but if you install a moderate vid-card, you should have no problems. Also, I can make a custom cfg for you and allow you to greatly improve your fps. Its not a replacement cfg, its an addon to it that stays in the /base folder. For a vid-card I suggest the 5700 ultra. The price is very good now and it performs nice for D3.

Jale

Well, I'm not of those gaming persons so I don't need a very powerful video card. A GeForce 4 64 MB suits me well and I can play very well with 15 or 30 fps. About the video card, compatibility is my priority, not speed, but I can make a balance...

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

with that, it will run, no problem! :) mine is P4 2.6 Ghz dual proccessor, 256 MB ram, ASUS P4P800 deluxe, and NVIDIA Geforce 4 w/ AGP 8X. i only turned the anti aliasing off with the viceo card.. it will help. it will speed your Doom3 gaming up to 50%! :) try it. it lost a lot but still i think that the graphics is still good. dont worry about your system. it can still handle alot of games for now

Jale

OK. The time has come to replace my video card. Tomorrow will be a great day for a new gaming experience :happy:

iLLisioN

If you are going for an nvidia card, consider any chipset that is equal or higher to the NV35 . This will give you moderate performance similar to that of the 9700 pro. With the price going below 200$ for an NV35 in the fx5700 family, its very good performance for the $.

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

doom 3 kicks me to the core! :) i hated it when i have to fight that mutated tank thing that has the BFG with it. it always had me cuz its large and it has a large BFG with him :dry:

iLLisioN

Yea, you gotta strafe like crazy and almost always try and stay in back of him. Shotgun is your best choice due to the fact that you will be close to him for most of the battle. Good luck ! :)

ytram

Doom3 problems

processor: P4 1.99 gig
memory: 448 ddr
video card: g4
mobo: amd
HD: 160 gig

even on the lowest setting this pc cannot run this game. But halo runs fine. What else can I do in options for doom there is no graphics options.

Fable

Urban Ninja
hmmm...... did you click on the optimum settings thing in the game? or did you legally buy the game?

ytram

Yes I bought this at ebgames in clemson sc. Then proceeded to play it when I noticed it was very choppy and erratic. The salesman told me this game needed alot to push it. Well when clicking on the only setting the interface allows the game still runs like CRAP! I do have the latest drivers my hardware requires and like I stated halo runs perfect!