PDA

View Full Version : News Script

<><>
November 17th, 2003, 12:20
I&#39;m trying to export news from a certain forum to the main page. I installed the pos ipdynamiclite that came with ipb but it looks like this thing won&#39;t work for me.

Sure dynamic lite does take care of news on the main page but it makes my life hell. The thing is, I don&#39;t want to lose local development ability just so I can add news on the front page. And I&#39;m not going to go through with getting apache2triad and setting up a local php enabled web server just for this one thing.

I usually use dreamweaver for most development as it integrates flash elements very well. So basically I want to keep developing in dreamweaver, and just have a layer or table cell that is the "recent news" section which gets it&#39;s content from the said forum. While developping locally, this table cell or layer would be the onlyl thing not visible in design view, but I would be able to develop the rest of the site.

When I use portal mods such as ipdynamic lite, I loose control of the site layout and I&#39;m forced to develop through the horrible site ksins and templates interface built into the ACP.

Anyone know how to help me through this?

Lefteris_D
November 17th, 2003, 12:23
Try this: Just some ssi includes should work. (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/ssi.php?a=news&show=12)

<><>
November 17th, 2003, 13:51
Thanks a lot Lefteris, you got me looking on the right track. After fooling around and searching for ssi includes, I found the ssiplus mod/addon on the IPB forums. This is actually what I needed. It&#39;s looking like it will end up working after all =)

Lefteris_D
November 17th, 2003, 13:55
Though the link I gave you was what I thought we could use as a news feed for the forum GHDpro chose to make a script of his own.
I do use that script for the RSS feed though.

Anyway you don&#39;t need SSIPLUS just the build in SSI.php will do.