Is it possible to rip music from a Sega Saturn game?

Vieo

Is there anyway to rip music from a sega saturn game like a program or something? I want to rip the soundtrack from a Radiant Silvergun image I have. I think the disc contains .CDA files.

Is it possible?

Jale

If it contains CDA files, then use a track ripping tool included in Nero Burning Rom or Nero Express. Some MP3 converters has a ripping tool too... Even Windows Media 10 has a ripping tool.

Vieo

Gonna need a little help...

Can someone help me out with instructions?

Also, something is funny with the .CDA files. Take a look at this screen capture.

cdhelp1.jpg

When I try to play them in Winamp, winamp just freezes for a bit and I don't hear any audio. Also, when I try to copy one of them to my harddrive, I get the error message "Cannot Copy <file-name>: The parameter is incorrect.". The image can't be damaged. It works perfectly except the fact that Saturn Emulators are buggy and slow in general.

Jale

Huh? It does not make any sense though... If it's CDA then it must be read.

I don't know much about sega, so... That Saturn has another name? :confused:

HybridShadow

First the reason it cant be copied is because theres a type of Copy Protection on it
And also i dont think they are normal CDA Audio files they could be data files for the game - and usually when it is Audio - Mixed woth data the Audio part can be played in normal cd players, and on the PC the CDA files wont show up try it in another cd player around the house

Also i just noticed your winamp said it could be extracted try that aswell

Last edited:

Vieo

OK, I tried the extract option. Winzip gave me the same message. "The parameter is incorrect.". It's not an actual disc. It's an image. I tried burning it but when I put it in CD players, still no audio and I tried moving the .CDA files off the disc I made from the image and it still gave me the "The parameter is incorrect." message.

I wish I had the real Radiant Silvergun game though. You try getting it on eBay, if you can manage to find a copy, it goes for like $150+ :p

edit: I think something is wrong with the emulation world. They have the skill to make a Dreamcast emulator that can run Ikaruga with almost 100% compatibility, yet they can't make a decent Sega Saturn emulator. :p

Last edited:

Jale

That's what we call Priority
OK, I'll download the ROM and see what can I do...

Last edited:

Vieo

Can you use the image at all in Sega Saturn Emulators? Because if you could you can just record while it is playing

Yeah. The image works in Saturn Emulators and I've even been able to beat it. I've only had it playable in GiriGiri, but the thing is that the game moves a bit slower than normal and the sound is also affected this way. If I tried some sort of recording program, wouldn't the music still play in slow motion? And wouldn't I end up with all of the game's sound effects over the music?