Perfect emulation with GENS???

mikebeas

Is it possible to get perfect emulation with gens. Sometimes there is a blur line where for a second the top and bottom don't match a tear if you will. It's not bad but I can really start to notice it in games like sonic and stuff that have you moving at a good rate.

I play in full screen most the time through my tv and it becomes a pain after a bit. Other emulators have tripple buffering but I don't see this option at all.
I have vsync and turned on and this help but it's still there, I even have render set to double to see if this worked, if there is no way for perfect emulation I'll deal with it, but if there is a way to fix it then I'd like to know how.

Thanks in advance??

~Mike

mikebeas

I have a geforce fx... I play all other emulators fine... What setting are you using maybe I have something set wrong?

HybridShadow

Have you changed anything?
Ive never touched mine (except the keyboard buttons)
I just use the defaults
It could (but doubt it) be your rom or a corrupt dll
Try one of these options
1 Reset Setting To Default / Or if they are try fiddling around with them
2 Check for drivers updates for your vid card
3 Redownload Your Back Up Copy Of "YOUR" Rom / Or even try an older version
4 Redownload GENS http://gens.consolemul.com/downloads.shtml

Last edited:

Fable

Urban Ninja
fusion???? I'll get that....

M.H.A.Q.S.

Fusion?? I think you are trying to refer to Kega Fusion. Gens is perhaps the best and most compatible Genesis emulator I've used.

mikebeas, You already have Vsync turned on, why don't you try turning it off in full screen? Also, this could be a problem with your VGA configuration. Does this problem happen while playing in a window?

I play in full screen most the time through my tv

See if this due to the TV incompatibility as old school games use odd resolutions at times that TVs do not support.

ratpimples

M.H.A.Q.S. said:
Fusion?? I think you are trying to refer to Kega Fusion. Gens is perhaps the best and most compatible Genesis emulator I've used.

mikebeas, You already have Vsync turned on, why don't you try turning it off in full screen? Also, this could be a problem with your VGA configuration. Does this problem happen while playing in a window?

See if this due to the TV incompatibility as old school games use odd resolutions at times that TVs do not support.

i couldnt get a perfect sync with gens like i could with fusion

Zach

Fusion is the most accurate Sega Genesis emulator on the net, and can also run more games than Gens can, so its definitely worth a try.

But anyway like I stated many posts ago, this was probably a v-sync problem, by all accounts as no one mentioned a TV.

If you are getting this problem on TV its a buffering issue. If there is a double ir tripple buffering option, you need to enable it.

I had this problem with ZSNES on a TV. The image would shift/distort kind of funny until turning on tripple buffering.

And also, I have no idea where people get the idea of TV's not supporting resolutions for old games. I've never seen a game run in a resolution not in line with the console specs, and also never seen a TV reject a game. The worst I've seen is cropped borders or something.

Last edited:

Jale

Neco said:
I had this problem with ZSNES on a TV. The image would shift/distort kind of funny until turning on tripple buffering.
Talking about ZSNES, somebody told me to put "-6" on the command line... What the hell is it for?

Zach

No idea what thats about. Never used that command before.
Look it up in ZSNES document or something

Jale

ratpimples said:
it changes ur refresh rate to 60hz as it starts up.
Yes, already figured it out... I read ZSNES documents.

Now using: Triple Buffering, VSync and -6

Anyway, thanks for the info :)